Bootable Agent

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by XwrisOnoma, Apr 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XwrisOnoma

XwrisOnoma Registered Member

I have Acronis TIE 9.1

I use the bootable rescue media to load the bootable agent on a brand new DELL Vostro 200, with the intention to deploy a previously created image. The Agent loads but it does not assign an IP address. Therefore the PC is not visible from the server running the management console. Interestingly enough, booting with the rescue disk and loading TI full mode, Vostro's 80 GB SATA hard drive is not recognized. However, booting in the safe mode works fine but then I do not have the network in this case.

By the way, the Agent only comes in full mode right? I have not seen a safe mode.

Does anybody know if I am doing something wrong or the Vostro 200 has a known problem/bug.

Thank you very much in advance.

Xwris Onoma.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello XwrisOnoma,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Backup software.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you are currently experiencing. Most probably the reason of the issue is in the lack of the drivers Standalone version of Acronis True Image has. So we would recommend you to make sure you are using the latest build of the program firstly and install one if it's necessary, then you should recreate Acronis Bootable CD. If the issue still persists after the latest build installation (or you use the latest build already) please submit a request for technical support with the issue description and the link to this thread. Most likely you will be provided with the new ISO image you should use to create Acronis Bootable Rescue Media which detects your hardware correctly.

Following your question related to the Bootable Agent you are quite right saying it does not have so called safe version.

Thank you
    --
    Nikita Sakharov

3. XwrisOnoma

Nikita, thank you very much for the prompt and informative response. I will follow your advice and post back if still having problems. Having read your post I now understand that not having the proper (and latest) drivers is due to my Acronis TIE 9.1 not being the latest build. BTW I am using an emergency recovery disk created with version 9.1 (3854).

Thank you again! :thumb:

Xwris Onoma.

4. XwrisOnoma

Indeed, using Acronis True Image Enterprise Server 9.5 (8072) has solved the problem 100%. Thank you for your assistance. :thumb:

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello XwrisOnoma,

We are glad to hear that your issue has been solved and you can use Acronis True Image successfully.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.