Bootable acronis true image CD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by rpeinsi, Aug 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rpeinsi

rpeinsi Registered Member

Hello,

i use Acronis True Image 8 with the Notebook HP Compaq 6715s.

I successfully created an image with Aconis True Image (not with the boot cd) of my primary boot disc and put it on my external hard disc.

Than I created a boot disk and started with it.
    Step 1: I used the "Assistent of the Imagearchiv". Than I choosed the image of the external disc. (i got only to choose the external disc with the name C:)
    Step 2: I choosed the hard disc which should be restored. I choosed my internal boot disc.
    Step 3: I was asked to choose the hard disc where I want to build the image archive on. I only got the option to select the external hard disc.

1. It makes no sense to choose the external. hard disc!
    2. If I select the external hard disc, I got an error which means that I can not choose the disc to put on the image where I have selected the image. This error message makes... :)

Why do I get the option to select the external hard disc at Step 3?

Thanks Ronald

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

If you're restoring an Image to your internal drive, the next step would be to chose the location of the Image. And the only other drive is the external. That's why only the external shows.

3. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

DwnNdrty,

When I reread his step 1, the external drive is C. His internal hard drive does not appear to be found by TI.

rpeinsi,
    Your notebook has a Serial ATA (SATA) hard drive. TI version 8 does not recognize SATA devices.

You need to upgrade to TrueImage 10. You can download and test the Trial version of TI 10 before purchasing.

4. rpeinsi

rpeinsi Registered Member

Thanks John, with Acronis TI 10 I have the same problems. Thats funny that they do not support Serial ATA hard drives...

Have you got an other idea how it works?

Thanks Ronald

5. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

You could try BartPE Mustang's Beginner's Guide to Create a BartPE CD which uses windows not Linux like the rescue CD.

6. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

TI 10 Recovery CD does support alot of SATA drives, but it looks like you have one that isn't supported yet.

I haven't used the updated drivers that are available as a separate download. I don't know if that includes updated Linux drivers or not.

The BartPE disk as described by Thomasjk is a good way to go.

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello rpeinsi,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure you use the latest build (4942) of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Don't forget to recreate Acronis Bootable Rescue Media after updating.

If updating doesn't solve the problem, please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please create Acronis Report, Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) and Windows system information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.