Bootable Acronis 10 on 8 gb USB Flash drive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by markdizik, Aug 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markdizik

markdizik Registered Member

I wanted a USB flash drive that had Acronis 10 home on it and was bootable and large enough to store an image. I want to travel with my laptop and have an image of the system just in case something happens while I'm away from home.

I believe I've been able to create this and will test tonight. Here's what I've done.

First I took an 8 gig flash drive and used the HP Drive Key boot utility to make it bootable.

Then I went to Windows Disk Management under the Computer Management and converted the flash drive to FAT32.

Finally I used the Acronis Media Builder to put Acronis Home 10 on the flash drive.

I know that the flash drive boots fine with Acronis 10 home and that I can back up small files to the same drive. Tonight, I'll try to backup my entire system to the flash.

2. nb47

nb47 Registered Member

Let us know-was thinking of buying one of those 8Gs myself in case ext.HD goes bad ; you can never have too many backups!

3. markdizik

markdizik Registered Member

Well, while it works, it's painfully slow. I wouldn't recommend it done this way, i.e. TI to the USB drive directly. What I ended up doing, is making an image to an external USB hard drive (with a 2 gb size limit) and then copying the true image files to the USB drive. I haven't tried a restore yet, but I at least have TI and the restore files on the same drive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.