Boot with F11 on XP Startup

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by BernieRob, Feb 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BernieRob

BernieRob Registered Member

I've used True Image since Version 6, updating as new versions came out. The only problem I've had just happened today after updating version 8.0 to Build 796 from Bld 791. When testng booting with F11 on XP startup, I get a message: "hub.c connect-debounce failed, port 1 disabled". I did nothing and after a short while, the graphic interface of True Image came up and appeared to function O.K., at least in verifying an image made on my hard drive a few days ago. I haven't made a new image with it yet.

I do not use any network. I connect to the Internet via high-speed cable (Road Runner).

Opening True Image Bld 796 in XP Pro Service Pack 2 appeared normal. The Bootable Rescue Media (CD-R) appears to function normally.

Is the error message quoted above significant enough to troubleshoot further?

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

The "hub.c..." message is probably because you have a USB hub attached to the system. Don't worry about this, it's because TI is looking for an external USB 2 hard drive and only finds the hub.

The other thing you observed was that 796 boots slowly. Others have also reported this. It's not a functional problem. Perhaps it will be fixed in a future release.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

Both errors are known and will be fixed in the future builds. Please disregard the error concerning USB hub if it doesn't influence functionality.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

4. alert5

alert5 Registered Member

This newbie had the same result with a CD-R Acronis boot disk. Thanks for the explanation as I was just a bit concerned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.