boot up problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jrod8033, Oct 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jrod8033

jrod8033 Registered Member

I have upgraded to TI 9 with build 3677. I cannot boot up TI with the rescue cd I created. I do get the splash screen and I choose Acronis. I get a black screen stating "loading please wait". I have waited over 10 minutes same result. I then created the safe zone, when I try to boot The computer gets stuck at the point. I did try this boot disk in another computer and it worked fine. any suggestions

2. bVolk

bVolk Registered Member

Hello jrod8033,

Did you uninstall the previous version/build of TI before installing 3677 ?
    Did you create a new Rescue CD from 3677 ?
    Is your problem connected with the use of an external USB drive?
    Did you activate the Startup Recovery Manager after creating the Secure Zone?

You should give us much more detail about your setup and the actions you performed.

3. jrod8033

Thanks for your response:

Yes, I uninstalled Acronis, rebooted, then Installed version 3677

I made a rescue cd disk with the version 3677

I do not have an external USB drive connected, I made my backups via the network

I did try to use the startup recovery after installing the safe-zone, it hangs up on a black screen "loading, please wait".

at this point whether I use the rescue cd or the safe-zone recovery, the process hangs. I have a Asus motherboard and a pci dvr card installed. When I get a chance I am going to uninstall the dvr card to see if it is related to this card.

4. bVolk

bVolk Registered Member

I would delete the Secure Zone via wizard (don't neglect to tell TI which partition the freed up space is to be assigned to). That will also get rid of Startup Recovery Manager. You need neither one, being on network, unless you wanted to benefit from the FIFO automatic cleaning with scheduled imaging.

I also think it would be worth trying to uninstall the DVR card if the problem did not appear before its installation. Too many USB devices attached (or hubs) may cause problems as well, though usually in connection with external drives.

Anyway, I'm not aware of 3677 Rescue CD being harder to boot than former ones. I would concentrate on hardware changes carried out in meantime.

By the way, do older Rescue CDs still boot? If they do, you may try to create another 3677 Boot CD.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2006
  5. jrod8033

I have also tried my original TI 8.0 Boot cd, with the same results. I do not have any USB devices connected at this time. I can delete the Secure zone, but when you say I don not need either for a network, How would I intialize a recovery without the boot cd or recovery console from secure-zone?

6. bVolk

bVolk Registered Member

To restore the system partition in TI9, you can start from Windows and after confirming the required reboot you find yourself in the Linux version of TI (the same as if you booted from the Rescue CD) with the restore you set up already under way.

If Windows crashed, you boot from the Rescue CD and perform the restore. Creating and keeping a Rescue CD is imperative anyway.

If by "recovery console" you mean the Startup Recovery Manager with its F11 start option, well, you don't need it. It is just a more confortable alternative to booting from the Rescue CD. The activation of the SRM also modifies the Master Boot Record (MBR) which may lead to problems later on.

But if you really want to have the SRM activated, then yes, you need to create a Secure Zone first.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.