Boot selector remove XP crash

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by nkadar52, Dec 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nkadar52

nkadar52 Registered Member

I have the following problem I do not know how to solve. My WinXP partition crashed using such that it requires reinstall repair.

Since I have Acronis Boot Selector (between Win98 and XP) I cannot directly boot from the XP CD, it hangs from the Acronis Bootloader modification (I suppose). WinXP is on C drive, while Win98 is on D drive.

How can I temporarily disable or remove the Acronis Boot Selector? That portion seems to work fine. From the Boot Selector menu I cannot figure the solution out.

Anybody has a good idea what to do?

WinXP loading usually gets aborted with message to reload OS from CD, select repair. Message says system32/pci.sys is corrupt or missing. Obviously I cannot get to it.

Thanks for any help,

Nick

2. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, nkadar52

Welcomed to Wilders and Acronis Forums.

If you would like to try this at fixing it do the following.

Boot from your OS CD>When you get to the insall screen choose>Rapair Installion useing the Recovery Console, Press R.

Press R>
    Then Type 1 [ONE]>
    Then Enter your Password the one that you installed with. [Administer]

Then at Windows>_
    [Dos Prompt] Type>
    FIXMBR>[You will get a warning current MBR is non-standard or something like that, Ignore it]then when it ask if you are sure>Type Y.>
    Press Enter.
    Type Exit and REBOOT.

If you try this FIXMBR fix it should not make it worse only better.

Then you will be able to do your repair install if needed.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello nkadar52,

Thank you for using Acronis products (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/).

As far as I can see this problem has nothing to do with Acronis OS Selector.

If you want to boot your computer from the Windows XP installation CD please modify the boot sequence in your BIOS.

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.