'Boot Selection Failed' error Backup Free Version 10

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by akstirling, Sep 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. akstirling

akstirling Registered Member

Hi ....

i recently returned my Win 7 64-bit laptop to the maker for service and followed their advice to back up the contents of my hard drive as they would wipe it. This i did using v10 but on receiving the machine back and attempting to restore my image, at the first restart the whole thing went pear shaped and i got an error message telling me that ' the boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible' ... hoping someone can help ...

Alan

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Is this the restart after the restore?

Do you mean pear-shaped as in the display on the screen was shaped like a pear? Could be video driver issue possibly.

Is the laptop exactly the one you sent back or did they put in a new motherboard that perhaps has equal but different components. If so there may be driver issues.

3. akstirling

Hi ...

i ran into the problem when i started the restore process with Paragon B/Up ... about a minute into the process and after a restart requested by the programme. By 'went pear shaped' i meant 'went wrong' ... and yes a new motherboard was installed ...

Alan

4. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I gather you started the program in Windows and then it rebooted to load the recovery environment.Then it crashed. If so, the problem might be the Linux recovery environment not having good drivers or some other issue for you machine. I'm assuming the machine is working well otherwise.

Did you ever restore using Paragon? If not, then it could be this is not a new issue related to the new motherboard.

You could try downloading the 2011 Free version and create the recovery CD and see if its implementation works for you. The newer version will be able to read the older version's archive.

I have no idea what support you can expect from Paragon for the free version. The paid version of the program allows you to make a WinPE recovery CD which uses the Windows environment and this normally is less likely to have problems with the hardware.

5. akstirling

installed 2011 version ... when i start it the first thing that happens is i get a message ... 'I/O error on HD drive 1 has occurred' ... also, after creating a rescue disk when i try to run it i get a screen with the default selection showing as 'normal' then nothing, just a blank screen ... nada ...(this happened also with the disk i created for version 10). I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that i have had enough of the fact of having to reinstall the OS every time this software fails and will have to bite the bullet and accept the fact i'm going to have to start from scratch reinstalling all my software ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.