boot problem

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by frank47, Dec 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frank47

frank47 Registered Member

First let me thank one and all.I was ready to live with the issue,but you guys would'nt quit.To the best of my limited knowledge,I tried most of what was suggested.When i received notok's post.I tried for the upteenth time to shut down drive 1.Previous when I was in f2 Setup i would make the change but couldn't get out with escape.Had to shut manually.This time it worked and problem is solved.Special thanks to ice,who gave me a computer course,and Ronjor,who gets right to the point.and nod32,notok Robzee I hope I didn't forget anybody.Merry Christmas :)

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Good to hear you are on the road again Frank. :D

3. nod32.9

nod32.9 Guest

Most DELL PCs will have the label MASTER and SLAVE at each end of the IDE cable. You should contact DELL to learn about resetting the BIOS. This will bring the system back to default config, which should help with most HDD/optical drive detection issues.

The sure method of resetting the BIOS is to remove the nickel-sized battery from the motherboard for about 10 minutes. If you have to reset the clock, then the BIOS has been cleared.

I've used Master/Slave jumper mode with DELL PCs but CS appears to work best with some machines.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.