Boot Partition is Missing!

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by Joel Mayer, Jul 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joel Mayer

Joel Mayer Registered Member

I bought a full suite of Acronis software and used these tools sucessfully to install Suse Linux 11.1 on top of Windows XP Pro in a dual boot situation. A software conflict in Suse forced me to do a fresh install of my linux operating system. Now, for some unknown reason, while Acronis OS Selector will allow me to boot into Windows XP Pro, it denies me access to Suse. I know Suse is still alive and well. I can affirm this through Windows Device Manager and the analagous GUI in Acronis Disk Director. Where I find the same number and kind of partitions as before my linux crash.

Here are my error messages: "Acronis OS Selector was unable to load SuseLinux11.1 operating system; the partition required cannot be found." and, "Error: Boot partition is missing."

Any Ideas? joelm_armillary@msn.com

2. Joel Mayer

Joel Mayer Registered Member

Re: Boot Partition is Missing! (Solved)

:thumb: My first thought was to try all possible permutations on install and activate for the Acronis Operating System Selector. Nothing worked. So I put my Suse 11.1 installation DVD into the drive and did a repair in the expert mode. Suse offers the option of 'repair your master boot record'. I went with that, and it worked. Now all I have to do is get rid of the dead icon on the GUI for my Acronis OS Selector.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.