Boot Manager not booting

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Robmonster, Jun 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robmonster

Robmonster Registered Member

Hi there,

I am a recent purchaser, using the latest buils (613...?)

I have installed Secure Zone and Recovery manager, but when I press F11 it doest load up properly.

I get the initial screen asking me to chosse between continuing to boot into windows, or to load True Image 7. I choose True Image. Then I get a black screen with the pictrue in the top left saying Loading True Image, please wait.

It never loads. I've left it for ages and nothing ever happens.

I have amended my F11.cfg as described in other threads. Here is the fiull file:-

[start]
    echo Starting Acronis True Image...
    initrd ramdisk.dat /s
    kernel kernel.dat acpi=off quiet
    quiet on
    mbrcrcs on
    vga vesa

[continue]
    sysboot /active

[bootmgr]
    default continue
    delay 3

Do I need to stop and restart Recovery Manager after amending the F11.cfg file? Perhaps drop and recreate the Secure Zone?

I havent tried a boot CD just yet, but I'm not confident it will work. I have read messages from ACronis people saying there is a different .isop image available that fixes this. Can I get a link to download this?

Any advice greatfully received.

Thanks

RM

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello --

Thank you for taking the time to contact us and for your interest in Acronis
    True Image (http://www.acronis.com/products/trueimage/)!

You just need to re-activate Recovery Manager so that changes will be applied. There is no need in re-making the zone.

If that still won't do please contact me via private message and I'll provide you with a link to an .iso file that should solve the problem.

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Anton Gromov

Acronis, Inc.
    395 Oyster Point Blvd. Suite 213
    South San Francisco
    CA 94080 USA
    http://www.acronis.com/

Acronis... Compute with confidence

3. Robmonster

Robmonster Registered Member

I have reactivated Recovery Manager but it has made no difference.

Can I please have the ISO link.

What else can I do to get Recovery Manager working as I am very interested in this feature.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.