Boot from CD with Acronis OS Selector installed

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by rjh42, Feb 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rjh42

rjh42 Registered Member

I'm having trouble booting from CD with Acronis OS Selector installed. I want to use my bootable WinXP install CD to install Windows XP in a blank partition I just created with DiskDirector. However, when I boot into the Acronis OS Selector menu, there is no option from the OS Selector menu to boot from CD, only from floppy. How do I achieve booting from CD within the OS Selector menu? Am I being really stupid here? Any suggestions gratefully received.

2. DrTeeth

DrTeeth Registered Member

You will need to change the setting in the BIOS for your PC to boot from the CD/DVD drive first.

3. guess

guess Guest

I have my bios set to boot from cd; however, I still cannot boot from the cd within OS Selector. It keeps trying to boot from floppy. Also, when trying to install linux distro I cannot see any partions during the installation process. I've partitioned by harddrive with Disk Director 9...?

How do I boot from a logical partition with OS Selector if it will not let me set the partition active?

The documentation that comes with the products is poor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.