Boot Error message root>system32\hal.dll

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by Mrs9838, Jul 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrs9838

Mrs9838 Registered Member

I am attempting to restore the image created using Acronis Backup & Recovery 10. I am using the trial version. The Acronis support rep assured me in an online chat that the software was a complete and fully functional version of the registered product. I work for a small, nonprofit company (a church) and I need to save pennies where I can. The Pastor's computer was dying and we have had a replacement one donated (used and reconditioned). I am attempting to backup the old and restore to the new.

The backup seemed to have worked just fine. I restored to an external hard drive. The restore process on the new unit seems to be endlessly slow. Once it said it was successful and I rebooted to Windows I get the boot error "Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: root>system32\hal.dll". I don't know what to do with that!

I am clearly a novice at this and I was assured that the software would know what to do. :doubt: Now I don't know where to go next. I came into the office on a Saturday just to work on it, and the online chat that I used before isn't available on Saturdays. I will check back here first thing Monday morning and hopefully someone more knowledgeable than I will have some words of magic for me to try!

Thank you all very much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.