Boot disk problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by markr1963, Nov 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markr1963

markr1963 Registered Member

Need a quick answer on this if there is one. I prepared an IBM Netvista PIII running w2k as an image. I have booted the PC with the TI boot disk, it seems to load ok but when I select the top option and the options have loaded any movement of the mouse crashes the program and the PC reboots. How do I stop this happening? I have tried the safe option and that seems more stable but I can't access the network share to retrieve the image.

TIA
    Mark

2. TFancher

TFancher Registered Member

Same Problem here on a DELL GX110.. Previous builds of the boot CD ( 768 ) works fine with the exception of the scrambled display on bootup which has a work around. A Solution would be helpful. Meanwhile, Ill just keep using the previous build.

Just wanted to point out another related problem with the boot CD.
    I tried navigating thru the menus to do a restore and as soon as TI8 tried to access the network share I store image files to.. the PC rebooted.
    Apparently there is a problem with the Linux Mouse and Network drivers for this Dell machine.

Thanks!

Last edited: Dec 22, 2004
  3. TFancher

Hello? Can anyone shed light on this problem for us?
    Lets not let this thread get stale as it does pose a significant problem for Dell Owners and IBM owners apparently.

Thanks

4. Zintar

Zintar Guest

Did you try the quiet acpi=off noapic option?

5. AndyL

AndyL Guest

Had the same problem myself. Reported it a few weeks ago, but still no resolution. Fortunately, it's easy to navigate with the keyboard. Selecting the second option (no USB, etc) seems to work OK, but there's no network - which I need.

6. TFancher

Thanks for the input guys....

Keyboard navigating is what I have been doing to work around this. I havent tried the quiet acpi=off option but will give it a shot.

7. Chris W

Chris W Guest

I have installed True Image V8 build 786. CD boot disk works fine on my other PC (older model) but not on my Titan GA-SINXP-1394 MoBo which I need it for! The Titan PC boots True Image up OK but no mouse function at all! Tried using keyboard but can't find the right key(s) for selecting the drive I want to image/restore from/to.

what is the quiet acpi=off noapic option? do and would this help my particular problem? AT the moment I can't use the software at all.

Do I nned to burn a new cd with another mouse driver and or this acpi=off. If so how do I do this?

regards
    Chris

8. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Chris

Information on which keys to use can be found in this <post>.

I'm not sure whether the acpi=off workaround would overcome the problem. However, the way to apply it is detailed in this <Acronis Support Sticky>.

No can do I'm afraid. Note that the "Full" version of the rescue CD is Linux based.

You could also try creating a "Safe" version of boot rescue CD (it uses BIOS functions and DOS rather than Linux to access the computer) and seeing if that works.

Regards

9. Chris W

Chris W Guest

Dear Menorcarmen, thank you for your suggestions, I will give the safe boot option a go. Rgds Chris

10. iis1

iis1 Registered Member

This problem also exists in build 922, and 1124. build 933 works ok

11. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello iis1,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please download the latest (1143) build, which is available on our web site at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/. To get access to updates you should register your software first at http://www.acronis.com/my/products/registration/. Please disable any download managers, internet download/connection boosters, etc. before the download. After that please create Acronis Bootable CD with the latest build and try using it.

If the problem persists please create the sysinfo.txt file in the way described at Acronis Help Post and send it to support@acronis.com along with the detailed description of the problem. We will investigate the problem and provide you with the possible workaround.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.