Boot Disk Doesn't Find CD Drive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mbrown, Aug 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mbrown

mbrown Registered Member

I just purchased True Image 8 yesterday and so far I'm not too impressed. I created a "full version" boot disk and my computer wouldn't boot with it. Someone mentioned that the "safe version" boot disk worked for them, so I tried that and it worked for me also.

However, after booting, the utility that comes up doesn't seem to find my CD-RW drive. This is just a vanilla, IDE Samsung CD-RW drive. Nothing fancy. When I choose the "Restore Image" option it opens a file browser, but the CD drive is not available. How am I going to restore from CD in the event of a catastrophic system failure? o_O

2. wdormann

wdormann Registered Member

As mentioned several times here (though surprisingly absent from the official documentation last time I checked), try booting from the full rescue CD and as soon as it starts booting press F11. Add the options "acpi=off noapic" to the kernel parameters.

Alternatively, you could try the same F11 trick, but rather than adding the above items to the kernel options, remove the existing "quiet" option. This should give you an idea why the boot CD isn't working. (and possible workarounds)

3. mbrown

mbrown Registered Member

I already tried the F11 trick and the booting still failed. The last thing it says is "local ECC DIMM enabled" and then it just stops. :mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.