Boot disc query

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by ventanas, Feb 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ventanas

ventanas Registered Member

Have recently created bootable cd's for TrueImage; Privacy Expert and Partition Expert. Those for Privacy and Partiton Expert have no visible files on them while that for TrueImage looks ok. Just wondered if this was normal, and that the files are hidden. My machine is set to show hidden files, but not protected files.

Grateful for any help.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ventanas,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Software.

Please be aware that Acronis Bootable Rescue CD is formated in Linux-based file system and that is why it cannot be recognized by Windows. If you do not see the content of the CD it does not mean that your CD is empty.

Acronis True Image Bootable CD also formatted in the same file system, but it also contains files intended for Acronis Startup Recovery Manager. These files can be recognized by Windows and you can see exactly those files. Please be aware that the CD does not contain only those files, it also includes files which cannot be recognized by Windows.

I hope that my explanation is clear enough. If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

3. ventanas

ventanas Registered Member

Thank you very much. I understand perfectly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.