Boot Cd's

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Rico, Feb 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Hi,

Why is it. when I run Avira boot Cd it never seems to cure the problem. Likewise KAV, whatever version, seems to just fail, half way through. Seems most bootable scanners, won't boot via wireless network, then 50 - 50 chance of update via wired network.

Why is it all bootable AV's, have trouble scanning, or locked files can't be scannedo_O? Your normal AV does not report "I cannot be scanned", message. Does a WINDOWS started AV Have more access, to the drive, than a LINUX start?sxdz

2. Nebulus

Nebulus Registered Member

There seems to be another problem on your computer. I use KAV rescue disk all the time, and I never saw things like the ones you mention. When you boot from a Linux LiveCD (both Avira and KAV discs use Linux) there is no such thing as a locked file...

3. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
  4. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

Have you done a hard drive diagnostics check with the Hard Drive Manufacturer's diagnostics software?

I would also run a hard drive diagnostics with the Parted Magic Live CD. The Parted Magic Live CD also has a memory tester. You should also test the PC's memory.

5. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Boot disc AV's

Why does Avira rescue disc do such a poor job? It seems I make new rescue disc, run it get quite a few alerts perhaps cleans one or two items. Reboot & just as infected as before. MBAM, SAS, or HMP seem to do a much better job than Avira Rescue.

Also using ether net cable Avira rescue refuses to find the network.

Is there a better rescue av cd?

6. Baserk

Baserk Registered Member

Have you tested your HDD already? It's one of the easiest things to do.
    If so and all is well, then just forget about Avira Rescue CD and move on to Sardu Multiboot USB/DVD Builder. link
    Just download a stack of AV linux iso files, put them all on USB with Sardu and then try what works.
    One some old laptop, KAV CD wouldn't run, ever, while on a PC without a problem, I didn't bother to digg into the issue though. Alternatives are plenty available/less time consuming.
    But if your HDD is kaput, you can boot with CD/USB till kingdom come but none will suffice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.