Boot CD?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Waxola, Mar 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Waxola

Waxola Registered Member

I'm hoping someone here can answer this question, I searched the forum here and didn't seem to find an answer.....

Very interested in the Acronis Workstation or Home version for my company, but I need to know can an image be created from using just the boot CD, but not having Acronis installed on the machine I want to back up, and or restore.

We have allot of Laptops here and it would be a hassle to have to install acronis on each and everyone in order to secure an image and or restore.

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Yes, you can create and restore using just the CD. Some users prefer to do it that way and the CD is not machine specific. You still need a license for each machine you use it on.

I agree putting the software on a lot of machines can be an onerous task but if you are going to be visiting machines and making backups at some interval it might be quicker to install the software since you can make a backup without rebooting to CD.

3. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

and also it will allow you the option of automating your backups.

F.

4. Waxola

Waxola Registered Member

Great stuff, Thankyou for your response....
    Of course we fully respect and will purchase the lisence
    for whatever Acronis version we choose.

Is there a trial for the Workstation version on your site??:)

5. como

como Registered Member

Link http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/download/ATICW/

Please note you should try the rescue cd on each machine you will use TI on (unless they are all exactly the same) as the cd is Linux based it does not work well on all configurations of hardware; it is needed to restore a system partition.
    If you find the cd does not work well you could always make a BartPE disk with all the necessary drivers.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Waxola,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

You can learn more about Acronis True Image from the respective User's Guide.

Please also be aware that according to Acronis License Policy you need to purchase one copy of the product for every computer it will be used to manage.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.