Boot CD wont restore

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ZeroHour, Jan 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZeroHour

ZeroHour Registered Member

Hi
    I have the latest build.
    I am trying to boot of the recovery cd to do a full restore of a iomega usb hard disk.
    When I select FULL the boot process freezes at line saying USB.c: new usb bus...registered number 1 and requires a hard reboot.
    I found that out after hitting f11 and removing queit.
    I have tried to noacpi fix as well as the usbmouse one.

I run a Dell XPS 600 system with a dell usb keyboard and a logitech MX1000 wireless usb mouse.

When I launch safe mode the cd does boot. It even sees my Iomega USB HD but when I go into the drive it has assigned and highlight the restore file the program freezes and I have to do a hard reboot.

2. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

You have TWO of the hardware items that seems to cause problems with TI --- USB devices and a wireless mouse. If possible connect the standard devices instead and see if it solves your problem.

Let me clarify: it's the keyboard/mouse usb or wireless that seem to cause many problems. USB drives are okay.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2006
  3. jcyr

jcyr Guest

Yeah right! I need to unplug my USB wireless mouse and can't use USB backup drive. After over 3 months of trying update after update, this turkey still doesn't work. Time to call it what it is: Acronis TrueLemon.

4. ZeroHour

ZeroHour Registered Member

Hi
    Dell's now only use USB keyboards and mice. No normal PS2 connectors are on the board.
    Will try removing mouse.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ZeroHour and jcyr,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please boot your computer from the Acronis True Image rescue disc and press F11 key when the selection screen appears. After you get the "Linux kernel command line" prompt, please add nousb parameter and click on the OK button.

If the problem still persists, please create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please create an account, then log in and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.