Boot CD is not starting

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by WYC999, May 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WYC999

WYC999 Registered Member

Hello i very strange Problem:

I made 2 Boot-CD's with Acronis TIH 2011 which where working before (tested them) and now i can not boot Acronis with both of them!!!

What happens is: cd call Acronis Bootloader (I think its called when you still have commandline), then it shows Acronis TIH Pluspack in progress.. It stays like this for 5 min then it tries to reboot and the cycle starts over.

I lately installed Paragon HDM 12 prof. and had severe trouble with an Image that i tried to restore:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=346842

But i somehow can not see how a program installed to Harddisk can screw up the Acronis rescue CD's which have been working just fine.

1. What happenedo_O
    2. How can i resolve Situation

Any help is much appreciated - having a really sh....tty day...

2. routerguy99

routerguy99 Registered Member

You can download a recovery cd from your account on acronis web site;
    and burn it;

Chris

Last edited: May 10, 2013
  3. WYC999

WYC999 Registered Member

Well i think i found out what is wrong with the CD's: nothing. I tested the first one on a different computer and it worked fine. On this computer i could see, that the time where the cd's hang on my win7 machine is the time where Acronis analyzes the partitions on the harddrive. Something i could not see before. So the CD's hang because the Analyzes of a partition fails.

For a disaster recovery software this is ridicously stupid, but what do i do now to get those CD's running instead of corrupted partitions.

4. Rich M

Rich M Registered Member

Did you make rescue cd on that Windows 7 pc because it sounds like not, so you might have to follow lead earlier in this thread to download correct one from Acronis. Also if you have the actual Acronis cd, it is also a rescue disk and actually a better one than your pc will create.

5. 0strodamus

0strodamus Registered Member

Does your BIOS have a legacy or IDE mode for the CD? You might be able to get the CD to boot by adjusting a BIOS setting.

6. Rich M

Rich M Registered Member

I did that on my Sony Ultrabook and it booted to the cd but then could not see the hard drive....

7. 0strodamus

0strodamus Registered Member

Talk about a Catch-22! :p

8. Rich M

Rich M Registered Member

You got that right!!

9. Rich M

Rich M Registered Member

One thing I am discovering with new pc's, the traditional Linux rescue cd's in many cases do not work with Uefi bios and I am noticing Acronis claiming to have resolved that issue which I have found on my new Sony Ultrabook to be not true at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.