Boot CD Fails on Boot Menu

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by EditMan, Mar 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EditMan

EditMan Registered Member

I have the latest 2337 software and created a boot CD disk but I keep getting a a "Failed to load Boot Menu". I have tried pressing F11 but fail to get into console mode to enter any commands. I do have 2 SATA drives, and an external USB drive and USB keyboard and mouse. I running on a AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3500+ 2.21 Ghz. I suspect the USB could be the problem but hesitate to disable my legacy USB devices. I am using an Asus A8N-E socket 939 PCI Express motherboard with Nvida Chipset Drivers... I believe my bios is up to date 1008.

I have a similar problem booting with Norton Ghost. Just trying to find out which one I can get working first.

Ultimately, I want to move my OS from two non RAID 75GB to a single RAID 5 150GB drive. (My external USB backup drive is a 160GB Maxtor)

Thanks for the support.

2. EditMan

For Ghost it appears linked to the Nvida drivers. Replacing the Nvida driver with the correct driver on the boot disk should solve the problem. Still working on this solution while awaiting Acronis response.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello EditMan,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response, somehow this thread remained unnoticed since March 20th.

Please provide the exact text of the error message that you receive when trying to boot from Bootable Rescue CD created using the latest build (2337) of Acronis True Image 9.0. Let us know when you receive this error message exactly.

Please also tell us if the boot process reaches the selection screen which advises you to select either "Full", "Safe" or "Boot into Windows" option. If yes, please also let us know what happens when you press F11 key.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

4. EditMan

The boot process never gets to the option of "Safe, Full, etc..", it comes back with the error message after about 30 seconds:

Acronis Loader: Unable to run Boot Menu.
    Press Enter to continue.

This is as far as it gets...

5. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

Can you get hold of a standard keyboard and mouse and see if it solves the situation? For some reason TI has many problems with usb types of keyboard and mouse - and moreso if you are using a usb hub.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello EditMan,

Please try re-creating Bootable Rescue CD and see if it helps.

If that does not help then please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach the files created to your request along with the information about your purchase of Acronis software (order number, e-mail, where did you purchase our product, etc.) and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

7. EditMan

Thanks for everyones suggestions.... I did try to recreate the Boot CD and just wanted to know the only files that seem to appear on the CD are in a subdirectory called Recovery Manager.

The files are:
    bootmenu.exe
    f11.cfg
    mouse.com
    splash.run
    boowiz.sys
    kernel.dat
    ramdisk.dat

Is this correct?

Im still looking for a non USB keyboard for my system.

8. bVolk

bVolk Registered Member

Yes, that's correct.

The total size of the folder is 12.0 MB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.