Boost Your Browsing Speed?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Compu KTed, Mar 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Compu KTed

Compu KTed Registered Member

Will deleting one or both of these CLSID {} in Windows registry boost your browsing speed?

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RemoteComputer\NameSpace

{2227A280-3AEA-1069-A2DE-08002B30309D} Value data - Printers
    {D6277990-4C6A-11CF-8D87-00AA0060F5BF} Value data - Scheduled Tasks

2. Gullible Jones

Gullible Jones Registered Member

No it will not.

Edit: in the spirit of being helpful, there are a few ways of possibly boosting browsing speed. None of them are necessarily reliable, or apply universally.

In approximate order of usefulness and likelihood of working...

1. Use in-browser content blocking of some sort. Sluggish Javascript is common on a lot of websites. Blocking it on a whitelist basis will usually speed things up, and has security and privacy advantages.

2. Use a better browser. Internet Explorer is much better than it used to be, but still slow in my experience.

3. If your ISP's DNS is slow, you could try an alternative DNS service like OpenDNS.

4. If you have a home network, and connection bandwidth is limited, you *might* benefit from setting up a local caching proxy. You could also throw in web filtering, which could further reduce the bandwidth used (and improve security/privacy). OTOH this might introduce latency, cause page loading issues depending on what pages and how it's set up, and in general be a bit involved... And obviously how much it helps depends on the network and the browsing habits.

5. You could try a compressing proxy like Opera's. I have serious doubts that this would be helpful.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
  3. Compu KTed

Compu KTed Registered Member

Thanks Gullible Jones:

I was more interested in what these registry settings actually do and if there needed.
    {2227A280-3AEA-1069-A2DE-08002B30309D} Tells Explorer to show printers shared on remote
    machine

{D6277990-4C6A-11CF-8D87-00AA0060F5BF} Tells Explorer to show remote scheduled tasks.

Don't know if this info is accurate and how this can boost browser speed according to
    another post I read. Can't believe everything you read.

4. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

@Gullible Jones
    Nice advices. Thanks.:thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.