Bookmark managers/organizers

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Maya, Aug 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maya

Maya Registered Member

Anyone use anything like this..? I hate the default IE favorite organizer - it's a pain to organize!

I checked out some different kinds of bookmark managing software and there's tons. Maybe someone here knows more about which kind is more reliable and secure than others.

Would opensource freeware be more secure than ones which you have to pay for? How do I know if ones which I have to pay for don't have spyware etc embedded in the code?

Thanks!

2. Dalek

Dalek Registered Member

try Firefox, it has a suitable Bookmark Manager.

Attached Files:

3. Maya

Maya Registered Member

I downloaded Firefox and it looks and works good except...

I was really surprised to see Google "spyware" embedded in the software :eek:

Seems like a conflict of interest to me. If anything this should definitely be optional in the custom installation, but it was not. I don't know how to remove the Google search engine from the top-right hand corner of the browser, and it doesn't seem to be under the Tools/Options menu either o_O

Funny how Mozilla (open-source, independent software) would affiliate themselves with a privately owned multi-million $ corporation like Google.. which has former gov. spies working for them etc.. :ninja:

I mean, how hard is it to type in "google.com" if that's what people want. But this assumes that everyone wants and uses google.

I'm not a big fan of google.. as you can tell from the thread below which has more info about the dark side of google.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=94656

4. Get

Get Guest

Rightclick on an empty space in the upper toolbar->Customize.

5. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

Try Jetlinks and it's free until version 2 is released. :)

JetLinks is a program that manages internet bookmarks, links, URL collections, favorites or whatever you may call them. It does this in a way that isn't specific to any internet browser, but instead tries to be as compatible as possible all the time. There's compatibility with four browsers right now:
    • Microsoft Internet Explorer
    • Netscape Navigator/Communicator
    • Netscape 6 (partially supported)
    • Opera
    JetLinks can import and export bookmarks in the four browsers' formats and additionally provides functions to replace the browsers' native bookmark management systems. It is also possible to use JetLinks as an add-on to the native systems.

I hope this helps. ;)

6. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

7. ice60

ice60 Guest

i use AM-DeadLink too for checking dead links :D and backing up bookmarks to a zip.

you could try one of those social bookmarking things, like My Web
    http://myweb2.search.yahoo.com/

8. ice60

ice60 Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.