Bogs down system

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by crawford69, Sep 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crawford69

crawford69 Registered Member

I downloaded Ewido the other day and installed it. It really bogged down my system. It ran noticebly slower. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there something I can do so that it won't do this. I really like Grisoft's products. I have been using AVG for several years. I wanted to try Ewido. I use Spywareblaster, Spybot S&D and Windows Defender. I thought I could get rid of some of these if I used Ewido. Could running all four of these at one time have been the problem?

2. OldRebel

OldRebel Registered Member

There could be many variables that could cause slowness on differnent PC's. I am able to use Windows Live One Care (With Defender), SocketShield, Ewido Full, and WinPatrol Full without any noticeable slowness or problems MOST of the time. I use dial up, so I have autoupdate turned off (problem at boot time) and just update manually. Because I am on dialup and use AOL, I get a memory creep the longer I web surf, especially from waol.exe. I only have 512 MB RAM. When I boot up and start web surfing with all my protection enabled, I might be using about 48% of my memory according to WinPatrol. After several hours, things start to bog down, and I will find that memory use has increased to over 75%. I use Spybot too, but I do NOT use its teatimer, and if you have than enabled, I recommend you turn it off. It's a big resource drain with little extra protection. BTW - I solve my memory problem by signing off AOL and closing it for a while, or by only running Ewido when I am searching/surfing the web or downloading/installing software. BTW - SpywareBlaster should not cause any problem.

The above is just my personal experience. What type connection do you have? How much RAM? How many background processes are running other than the security programs you mentioned? All those factors could be involved.

3. pwillener

pwillener Registered Member

I have used Ewido 3.5, and 4.0 since it has been available, but I never noticed any system slowdown.

If you check Task Manager, can you see that it uses more CPU than expected? (Both ewido.exe and guard.exe normally use 0% on my system).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.