BOClean Version 4.20

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by Imagetriangle, Nov 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Storm

Storm Registered Member

Hi there!

Please disregard the insults of these ~snip....bubba~ :mad:
    I am VERY pleased with the fast delivery and I am sure most customers are.
    I got my copy within 6 hours from you and that is FAR from the 24 hours limit.

You and also Kevin and the rest of the gang, please keep up the GREAT work, it's very much appreciated!

Greetings from Germany
    Storm

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2005
  2. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

Both :)....thanks muf

3. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

I received my new version of BOClean a lot quicker than I expected it.
    I appreciate the work involved trying to cope with a lot of e-mail requests for the upgrade.
    I didn't expect to receive mine until later today but it was with me last night before I shut the computer down (I shut down early at night) so I am very impressed with the service.

Thanks to Nancy & Kevin for your efficiency with this upgrade plus all the instructions included answering questions I would normally have to ask on the forum.

4. sandokan

sandokan Registered Member

Hi. I received today the decode and the actual .exe file to update v4.12 to v4.20. After following the simple instructions, I tried to start BOClean so I could update the defs, and I was greeted by "Oooops, BOClean.dll missing". OK. So I opened Program Files\NSClean\BOClean and in fact there wasn't a boclean.dll there. So I thought that perhaps it had been dropped in my windir, so I needed to register it, so I do a

regsvr32 boclean.dll

Only to find out (as I already sort of knew) that there wasn't any such .dll there. So I use a file searcher, and I find the BOClean.dll in

Docs & Settings\MYNAME\Local Settings\Temp

I drag and drop the .dll in the Program Files folder and BOClean started without a problem, however, there's something wrong if the .dll is not instructed to go to the app's folder, but instead remains in a Temp folder subject to be deleted at any time.

Perhaps this will solve someone else's problem when upgrading to the current version, but I also think that it's an issue that should be looked at (if it isn't system dependent) and fixed.

I run XP Pro SP2 with all current patches, and MS Antispyware as my only other resident security app. Thank you for your time and for such a great product.

5. SSK

SSK Registered Member

Did you uninstall the old version before running the installer for the new version? :)

6. muf

muf Registered Member

Great product, great service, and has already been mentioned it's running smoother than ever. I noticed the spikes are much reduced and my system now spikes between 2% and 4% resource use when BOClean scans. Previously this was 10% to 15%. Very pleased customer here. :)

muf

7. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi Kevin,

Please forgive me for asking :

Is that file BOCDRIVE.SYS also on Windows 98 SE systems ?

Well, maybe I have to look more closely at my system...

Best regards, Jan.

8. tazdevl

tazdevl Registered Member

Well I'm on 18 hours since I sent my email in, no response. Know they're busy... surprised though that there isn't an automated update fulfillment process.

9. sandokan

sandokan Registered Member

Sure. I followed the instructions in the email. Uninstall the old, decode/install the new.

10. SSK

SSK Registered Member

Hmm, maybe sent a email to support to let them know what happened.

11. shorty1

shorty1 Registered Member

It has been a 24.5 hours now and still no email from Kevin or Nancy. Any one else waiting in excess of 24 hours? I really don't mind waiting I just hope that the email is not being blocked (I'm 99 percent sure it isn't but...?) I guess I will wait a few more hours before I email them and ask. I know they are busy and I don't want to add to that with nusiance emails.

12. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

I purchased through Newegg couple of months ago and I told Kevin this yesterday, I received an answer but I didn't understood what he said basicaly.
    Cause I had sent him the purchase page (as an attachement) with the download link and everything like email address, the purchaser wasn't me but the email was mine ... Newegg only accepts American Customers ... (the Digital River Download link didn't worked anymore cause it was for version 4.11 I guess...)

Anyway they received all the data I have so I hope it will turn allright ... it must be I guess :)

13. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Please guys, let's give them some more time, please ;)

They must be extremely busy at the PSC-office, and they too deserve some sleep.

Please give them a few more days if needed.

Thanks,
    Warm regards, Jan.

14. Infinity

Off course FanJ, I was thinking this afternoon they must have like millions of customers so I hope they try to have fun too.

best wishes,

Inf.

15. muf

muf Registered Member

Infinity, Are you sure the DR download link doesn't work? I used it and although the link said v4.11 when i clicked it and downloaded it, it turned out to be v4.20

My purchase e-mail directed me to http://www.findmyorder.com where you can enter your details. Of course, i expect this only works if you purchased the extended download option.

muf

16. Infinity

there was no extended download service with Newegg...

the ordernumbers are related to Newegg, Customer number is related to Newegg the only thing that links to Digital River is the download link but it is dead and redirects me to that findmyorder.com

whatever number I enter...nothing in returns (prob because of no extended download option) but the purchase is only a few months old 2/6/2005

17. Infinity

Ok, how stupid does this sound ... the download link works again :) damn I don't know what happend but when I tried with Opera and it seemed to work hihi I got my copy now so have fun y'all :)

Inf.

18. muf

muf Registered Member

Good to hear. We like happy endings. :)

19. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

This is why I am just going to hang back and wait til the rush is past. Do not need all that where is mine :doubt: :( :doubt: in my life. Oh no something must be wrong :'( They forgot about me....:D

Love Kevin's humor in post 19....:D :D

Last edited: Nov 30, 2005
  20. shorty1

shorty1 Registered Member

I have received the email now. And as a general FYI it seems the longer than usual delay was due not only due to being extremely busy with the new update but it was also compounded by a weather induced loss of communications. As I am up in their "neck of the woods," I can attest we had some pretty severe rainfall last night.

edit: can't spell.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2005
  21. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

:D boclean is perty damn good its my personal sniper and so damn easy to use and so small

22. Infinity

Don't worry, me neither :D

23. Kevin McAleavey

Kevin McAleavey Security Expert

Strangest part of it all is that we're on a hilltop. Alas, the telephone junction box is at the bottom of the hill, and one of the mystical, magical bits of four wire T3's is that if the junction box fills up with flood water AND road salt from our recent bit of "dusting" by snow, it completes a circuit rather handily down there long before the electrons are able to climb the hill up to here. :(

But by this afternoon, they were finally able to apply sufficient quantities os sponges that we're down to bit errors now. A connection is a connection even if it needs more blow-dryer. Heh.

24. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

All good here through Digital River

Thankyou PSC:D

Regards

25. tazdevl

tazdevl Registered Member

Got it. Seems to be working fine but it has impacted boot time and apps opening (slower).

Running on XP Pro fully patched, 2GHZ Pentium M, 1GB RAM, 5400RPM Seagate Momentus, ZA Pro 6.1, NOD32 2.5, SpySweeper 4.5.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.