Boclean termination protection

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by Drew99GT, Feb 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drew99GT

Drew99GT Registered Member

Does 4.25 have it? I read all the time that Boclean's major weakness is it can be shut down with ease and is on lists of malware that defeat it. But, in the documentation on Comodo's site, it says:

"Protects itself from malware tampering or shutdown"

Hmmmmmm. Thoughts?

2. Hermescomputers

Hermescomputers Registered Member

I have never seen it shut down by malware myself... In fact it has proved more useful to me over time than many others such tools...

I often have used it on badly infected systems and just sat watching as it was fighting it out with multiple trojans... and won!

Although its current effectiveness has been brought into questions by some, I personally cant really comment on it recently as I have not used it on systems for several months... (most new infections I see are rootkit types).

3. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I have had it get corrupted during an attempted update, and I had to re-install it. This happened twice. I am not sure but I think my Online Armor FW may have had something to do with it. I have had BOClean for 6 months and all it does is update, so I uninstalled it. My Sandboxie and Returnil picked up the slack.

4. the insider

the insider Registered Member

I must admit that I had doubts in the past whether BoClean worked or not. Yesterday however I got suddenly a message from it that a Trojan was detected and it asked what to do !! So you see it does work :D

Last edited: Feb 26, 2008
  5. Hermescomputers

Hermescomputers Registered Member

I must have received about half a dozen calls related to Boclean having it's database corrupted in the last couple months... So my take on this is that it must be fairly common occurrence.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.