BOClean: Is a new version likely soon?

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by AShaR, Mar 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Howard

Howard Registered Member

Running BOClean + a-squared Personal here and it was love at first boot :D

2. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

:D :D :D

3. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

SAME HERE!!

FISHER-PRICE BUSYBOX o_O NOT ON MY 2 MACHINES :mad:

4. jon_fl

jon_fl Registered Member

Are you using a-squared Personal just as a scanner or does that also run in the background with BOCLEAN? How does a-squared Personal compare to EWIDO with BOCLEAN?

5. Howard

Howard Registered Member

I am running a-squared Guard alongside BOClean, i.e., RTM not just as a scanner.

I installed EWIDO/uninstalled/reinstalled in 24 hours and ended up with my 14-day trial expired so I dumped EWIDO permanently - I never saw it running with BOClean and probably never will.

6. jon_fl

jon_fl Registered Member

No conflicts? Don't they overlap coverage?

7. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Ewido, and BOClean will play nicely together (i have them both) and BOClean are in fact listed in the Ewido-compatibility list as are A2, but you would have to peruse some really bad places for it to be needed. Probably too much overlap to justify the extra resources you loose.:)

Last edited: Mar 27, 2005
  8. jon_fl

jon_fl Registered Member

Thank you Don. I guess I'll save my money. I use Ewido as an AT scanner and am happy with BOCLEAN.

9. Howard

Howard Registered Member

BOClean and a-squared Guard work together without any problem at all here. And it is a-squared Guard's IDS that sees action. I suppose if you are regularly receiving Trojans on your machines then you may see a conflict between the two of them, but I do not so I haven't.

I am not advocating using both, by the way, I just happen to have both running following some problems I had a few weeks back running BOCLean with ProcessGuard which led to me buying a-squared Guard. And since my overall system CPU usage is normally less than 10% and I have 1.5 GB Ram it doesn't have any meaningful resource implications for me to run both.

10. Mephisto

Mephisto Guest

About the no trial version ... why not offer one?
    Especially seeing the threads related to product improvements that could impact BoClean's sales. I would think a trial version would do almost as much for the product as the addition of the real-time scanner.

I have wanted to try Bo Clean for over 2 yrs now.
    I have since trialed almost every anti-trojan program there is and or was (Anti-Trojan, ANTS, etc..).
    My point is BoClean just isn't really in the competition for my anti trojan dollar (for lack of a better phrase) because i can't trial the program and see how it stacks up side by side with the others, or how it runs on my system.

I understand they are super nice people and i never see any complaints from anyone who has purchased the BoClean program (which is why i have maintained an interest this long) but the money back offer (as reliable as im sure it is) is just another online hassle i don't need (IMO) and not nearly as easy as an un-install.

They ever get a trial version together you gotta know i'll be there :)

11. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

I had no hesitation in purchasing BOClean plus I have gone on to purchase further copies when I set up security on friends' computers. OK it would be good if they did have a trial version as I may have hesitated but for the fact I knew osmone who ran it plus the feedback on this forum.

Re: the scanner included version - I am fine on my main computer as I have TDS for scanning but as I have just recently setup my notebook I know I need a scanner and am considering Trojan Hunter? (the one from simplysup) for a scanner only purpose. I would install this and register but held back as I didn't know if this new 'talked' about version of BOClean with scanner is due to be released soon or not.

The only reason I know about the possible scanner version is from this forum but presume from this thread no-one knows if it is ready for release of not o_O I am now thinking I would be best to purchase a scanner only as this could be a long time away o_O This would include scanners for my friends although I may just install the free version of Ewido for their computers.

12. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

The one from simplysup is Trojan Remover -- which is an on-demand scanner only. A stringently maintained program with splendid support. 3 to 4 signature updates weekly. It lives up to its name -- that is, it really CAN repair/remove the malware it finds.

As to Mephisto's remarks -- Agree. I buy 90%+ of everything I decide to trial, and 0% of anything I cannot trial.

13. AShaR

AShaR Registered Member

BOClean have a great policy wrt installing on up to 5 home pc's and I would have bought into that probably, but I didn't get a response to this question at the time so decided to hold off and went with Ewido. If and when the next upgrade comes out, and it still has the generous user license I will seriously consider it. Although I got a great deal with Ewido I don't want to be paying for yearly licenses.

14. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

Thanks bellgamin - I always get the names of these two programs mixed :oops: up but when I go to the site then I know I have the right one. Looks like this would be a good choice and on par to TDS which I have for my PC.

I have only had to directly seek support from BOclean on one ocassion when one of their updates closed my browser but I have to say the response time was very good for me plus a direct answer to my question and not referring me to any FAQ's etc

My only disappointment in BOClean is that my router firewall will not let it out for an update on the setting I keep it at for security. I have to manually update BOClean when I lower the rotuer firewall for this few mins :( my friend has a different router and BOClean updates on auto - with mine - no. It would be nice if they could offer an alternative update method so I do not have to lower the setting in my router.

BTW I didn't realise it was 5 home computers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.