BOClean Help (Nancy?)

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by ncsupe, Jun 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ncsupe

ncsupe Registered Member

I'm hoping someone has a suggestion as to how to obtain an upgrade to BOClean (4.12). My personal PC has been off the net for the last year or so I'm just catching up. I've emailed PSC (both support and upgrade addresses) several times with the information requested on their website including my orginal purchase order (from PSC) since Monday and haven't received any type of response yet (which seems strange considering the type of support they typically provide).

I suppose the bigger problem is if there is something on my end (Earthlink) that keeps me from receiving the upgrade via email. As far as I know there is nothing I can do to get my ISP to change anything on their side.

So if anyone has a better way to get in touch with the PSC crowd I would appreciate it. I feel kinda naked with an out of date BOClean.

Thanks

2. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

ncsupe,

That is unusual, although with most ISP's implementing spam and other filtering protocols with varying degrees of success, it is distinctly possible that it is being caught at the filters - do you have a way of configuring your webmail client to retain filtered mail for later inspection? I've done that a couple of times when there's been a question with my ISP.

The standard initial mailing of 4.12 to me was via a zip attachment, although I did get a second one with an exe attached. Poorly designed filters could indiscriminately flush either.

You are following the best course. Posting here is also a viable option as well since Nancy does visit on a regular basis.

Blue

3. ncsupe

ncsupe Registered Member

I have already setup everything I can find with Earthlink to turn off all spam blocking etc. This is one of those times where I wish PSC used a password type system.
    :p

4. Primrose

Primrose Registered Member

5. ncsupe

ncsupe Registered Member

I posted the same at the Mickey the Man forum yesterday, but I'm heading over to the gladiator forum to do the same.

Thanks.

(This is why I love this place, though I haven't posted in so long I had to create a new user name)

6. Nancy_McAleavey

Nancy_McAleavey Expert Member

Hello,

Sorry about that, it's been an unusually busy week for me, mostly personal (family) matters. I am starting to catch up, and everyone who's in the queue for upgrades should have them soon.

7. ncsupe

ncsupe Registered Member

Still waiting, but patiently :D

8. ncsupe

ncsupe Registered Member

Sent my fourth request yesterday, and still waiting...

9. ncsupe

ncsupe Registered Member

9 days, four requests, nary a word...I'm starting to lose a little faith here.
    o_O

10. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi ncsupe,

Usually PSC (Kevin and Nancy) are very quick to reply.
    I suppose that the family matters, about which Nancy wrote, are keeping them very busy.
    Those things can always happen, we all know that.
    I can assure that their support is usually very good.
    If you wouldn't mind, may I please ask to have some more patience?
    I hope you understand.

Regards, Jan.

11. Nancy_McAleavey

Did ya get the file? I did the third resend (as a renamed EXE) earlier, to both addresses in the email.

12. ncsupe

ncsupe Registered Member

I got the file this morning. I just want to reiterate what an excellent program BOClean is, and how highly I regard you guys. I don't really have any other programs that I would be so antsy about having up and running as I really believe trojans/spyware are the most problematic threat out there and that BOClean is the best hands down at handling them.

It was like having my security system set (NOD32 in this case) but missing that big pit bull that would take care of anybody if they happened to make it through :D

I hope I didn't come off poorly with my previous posts and inquiry. I felt quite bad after reading FanJ's post since it appeared that I had come across that way. Its awfully hard to express tone via the internet. I certainly had no intention of insinuating that you guys weren't handling the situation, I was just afraid that my new email etc. was the problem child (which it sounds like it was as I expected) and I might never get it figured out.

Thanks again for a great program and great support and keep up the excellent work. I greatly admire and thank you for the service you and Kevin have provided us customers over the years.

Sincerely,
    Seth

P.S. I hope everything has been settled on the family end of things, our thoughts and prayers are available if needed.

13. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Dear Seth,
    Please be assured that I had no intention to make you feel bad.
    I really do apologize for having made you feel that way.
    You are so right that it is sometimes so hard to express one's feelings and thoughts via the internet.
    You know, I have so often posted the wrong things, because I was not able to find the right words and tone.
    Really sorry Seth !!! :oops:

I'm so happy that you've got your BOClean and that it is solved !!!

I agree with what you wrote !

My best wishes too to Nancy and Kevin !!!

Most warmest regards, Jan.

14. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Could a notification bubble feature be added to the icon in the system tray. So that when you put your mouse pointer over the icon the version number and date of the update could be seen instead of having to bring up the menu?

15. Nancy_McAleavey

I'll forward the idea along, it may show in a future version if it doesn't create problems with backwards compatibility. Thanks for the idea! :)

16. The Hammer

17. The Hammer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.