BOClean going to be discontinued

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by FanJ, Feb 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iam_me

Iam_me Registered Member

Setting the file to installation mode will solve that "problem"..

If you look at it, A antivirus will catch maby 40-80% of the new baddies, while the HIPS will catch 100%. The fact that the antivirus is a bit behind don't mean the protection will be bad. You are still better of with CIS than any AV, BB combo..

CIS HIPS protects good against all sorts of attacks right off the box.. But setting it to proactive will increase the protection even further. It protect windows files out of the box. But yes its not set to its strongest by default, but a fast click and you will have its fullest protection!

I think I live in reality when saying that a HIPS is stronger than any AV, BB combo.. =)

2. Eice

Eice Registered Member

Sure. It will also result in your system getting utterly pwned if you happen to run into a virus. So much for "the strongest".

I believe you constantly harped about "reality", "honesty". Looks like you don't really believe in practising what you preach.

Wrong on both counts. "The antivirus is a bit behind" isn't a fact, it's lightyears behind. And yes, the antivirus being behind means the protection is bad, since CIS has nothing else going for it other than D+ which is great only on paper.

More misinformation. That "fast click" isn't going to do anything except increase the number of prompts for legit software. Comodo doesn't create any new rules to protect more filesystem/registry areas even if you turn up the slider; this is again another example why I'm so glad I don't have your "knowledge".

3. muf

muf Registered Member

This thread is supposed to be about BOClean being discontinued and not an opportunity for a bunch of fanboys to come on here and spout a load of nonsense about their favourite 'toy'. Please can we get back to the topic as this is rapidly turning into a "mine is better than yours". Which incidently is a parallel with Product A vs Product B which I believe is against the rules...

muf

4. Iam_me

Iam_me Registered Member

Eice, you really do hate CIS, and I can see that by checking your history of backtalking CIS and comodo whenever the chance arises.. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I agree with muf on this one, lets skip the OT posting.. You hate CIS, Fine, but you are basically lyining in your posts, and base your posts not on facts but instead pure accusations when you say stuff such as: "your system getting utterly pwned if you happen to run into a virus"

FALSE, but your probably would, feel free to pm me a link or similar with a virus that would **** up my CIS system.. I would run it.. and give it a go.. As Iam open minded.. And will declear myself "utterly pwned" after that.. otherwise you can shut up as you apparently only talk trash, and is not basing any of your accusations on facts.

Comodo offers the best all round protection, and If put to the test, CIS will always win, and will protect every area that is important, thats more than you can say about outpost that is easily crashed, OA, NORTON that wont protect, KASP with its weak hips, whatever .. Sorry.. they are behind.. CIS is the leader, if we talk security.

Those other may be better from a user standpoint for some..
    But if you want the best security then CIS is unmatched.
    And to me Security is what matters when I install a security software.
    o_O o_O

5. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

I agree. Let's stop with the off topics. They won't add nothing the conversation, and is a disrespect to anyone reading the posts.

Isn't this an off-topic? I believe it is.

And, if you claim proves to other users when they state about something, whether they know it for a fact or not, then, don't those users have the same right to ask the very same proves to you, when you mention that CIS is ahead of any other security suite, and that Outpost is easily crashed?

With all due respect, I've been a long user of COMODO Firewall PRO. I never witnessed any major bug, and that includes crashes. But, as soon as after the first CIS version came out, whenever I started to open the active process list looking for some process to close, CIS crashed. More than I can account.
    Bug related to runtime error. It was related on their forum, and not by me. I only reported it too. This was sometime ago. There was never any feedback asking for more information to the users to try to reproduce it. I don't even know if it got fixed. I never saw it mentioned.

I no longer run COMODO firewall, as it is far from being the stable tool I used to use.

Now, all of my systems have Outpost. I never witnessed any crash in any of them.
    Unless you know that Outpost crashes a lot, and that other security suites don't protect, for a fact, then let's not go that way. It won't lead us no where. And, I'm sure you know that.

And here go again... Other users can't say their security suite is the best, but COMODO users can? Let's not go that way.

I could write and write, but this would lead to one other off-topic, which is not desirable.

And, yes, I'm sure CIS is an unmatched security. And, I'm sure that's why it is so widely used within governments, security agencies, etc.

We can say the same about any other security suite. So, as you may see, this sort of discussion is useless.

Regards

6. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Don't bait the trolls, not worth it :) Also, you can't honestly say CIS is the absolute best out there bar none, without showing tests that DON'T just rely on 2-3 pieces of the hardest hitting malware. That's become a fad here, to bring out the "atom bombs" of malware, pit it against several software, and the winner is bowed down to as a new god and talked about for the next 2 weeks, while the "losers" become the black sheep. That kind of testing is biased and completely useless. For 99.99% of security issues, Kasp, Norton, all those, protect extremely well.

CIS is going to fail miserably at something down the road and everybody will de-throne it as king. It happens every single time here without fail. if you want a personal opinion, Melih may end up being asked to put his money where his mouth is regarding his "challenges", and he better hope he doesn't get shown up. I've listened to many of his vlogs and read his newsletters, and I'm simply not impressed. That doesn't mean however that his product isn't good, it's simply an issue I see with him.

7. nomarjr3

nomarjr3 Registered Member

I disagree.
    Just because theoe two are popular, does not necessarily mean that we all should jump in the bandwagon. I've tried both companies' security suites, and both are resource hoggers compared to CIS.
    And BTW, CIS is a tad better than those two, mainly due to a very powerful HIPS (Defense+).

Please don't bash the company.
    They are considerably new in the anti-malware field compared to other anti-malware vendors (ie. Norton, which was and still is, a resource hogging program).
    Of course, it won't be at the top forever.

I remember the time when Ad-Aware and Spybot were the primary anti-spyware proggies used by most security software enthusiasts.
    Now, the tides have changed.
    People rely on SAS and MBAM. Ad-Aware and Spybot is slowly dying.
    Who knows? The same thing might happen to Kaspersky, Norton or Outpost ;)

8. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

They aren't popular, just for being popular. Are they? Or did they become popular out of nowhere?

Could you enlight me on this? (Or not, due to the fact we would keep on this off-topic.)

And, Defense+, is only as powerful as the knowledgeable user behind it. Is it not? (The same for other HIPS.)

So, you consider others are bashing others, but you're not?

I could agree with your post, weren't for the
    You clearly have no idea of what you're talking about. The 2009 products line ended up with the resource hogging we used to witness with other previous versions, and previous to the 2008 products line.

Do you have any proof to back up that statement?

Do you have any solid proof that backs up tthat statement? Are Ad-Aware abd Spybot - Search & Destroy real dead?

How do you know people rely on SAS and MBAM? Has everyone told you that? Just because there are folks using them, it doesn't mean the all world is. Now, does it? ;)

Trust me, when I say, that, the companies you talk about won't die anytime soon.
    Perhaps, and if you enjoy predicting things that have not yet come to be part of reality, then, COMODO would be the one dying sooner than one would expect?

But, I guess this would be bashing... And, that's something you do not do yourself... And, personally, I don't like predicting what I don't know that will happen.

So, this sort of conversation is useless... As I already mentioned before... I just wrote this post (off-topic one, sorry everyone), to show just that. This will kill the thread, and clearly is a disrespect to everyone wishing to read and reply to a thread with a clear subject - The end of the stand-alone tool BOClean.

Regards

9. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

I wanted to make one quick reply to this because you misunderstand my intentions of the post. I am NOT bashing Comodo, I have no need to. My post was referring to the state of Wilders forums, mainly a certain group of people. My comment about Melih however doesn't need to be misunderstood because I meant exactly as I wrote. I'll be moving along now, just wanted to clear that up.

10. normishmael

normishmael Guest

On Topic.
    Comodo has decided to merge BOClean into CIS.
    They said that months ago.
    What is new,is that contrary to statements made by
    Abdulhayoglu himself,BOClean will no longer be a
    stand-alone.
    The queston is will it be bound into the AV,or will
    it be possible to use it in the same way you can now use the firewall and defence+,without the AV?
    A reply to that last question,and that's pretty much a wrap isn't it?

11. Inspector Clouseau

Inspector Clouseau AV Expert

Correct!

12. Rednose!

Rednose! Registered Member

This thread was supposed to be about BOClean being discontinued. Maybe one of the Mods can review it :)

Greetz, Red.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.