BOclean Developer / Homepage.

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by iwod, Dec 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iwod

iwod Registered Member

Sometimes i wonder how can such Good software lies in such xxxx Website.

If it is professional that why can't they make the website more professional?

2. john2g

john2g Registered Member

The product is excellent: that's all that matters!

3. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

HUH....? ;)

4. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Perhaps he is referring to BOC's website at...
    http://www.nsclean.com/

As a website, I suppose one might say that BOClean's is *functional* rather than eye-catching. Evidently they give their best efforts to the product rather than the wrapper it comes in.

5. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

:D Thanks Bell!!

6. muf

muf Registered Member

There is a well known saying that i'm sure you have heard at least a few times. "Never judge a book by it's cover".

muf

7. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

This is true, but a good "Image" is also important and attract possible users...

8. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

My sentiments exactly. Flash is just so much fluff. The excellent products is my only concern. ;) :D

snowbound

9. VikingStorm

VikingStorm Registered Member

I'm surprised no one has tried to volunteer...

10. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Please....
    :rolleyes: ....Please.... :rolleyes: ...give the guy (Kevin) a break...Great product Great support... Lets only hope that if he makes changes to the site they stay away from YELLOW..... :D :D

Well speak of the little devil he just asked if I wanted to collect the latest update...

;) Bring her on BO.... :)

11. Primrose

Primrose Registered Member

Because it loads faster just the way it is..you want some java beans and more flash stuff :D

His clients do not..whether they be Bussiness Customers or home users.

12. Primrose

Someone has..his name is Redhat.. :D maybe he will post and tell you about it.

13. RedhatCOC

RedhatCOC Guest

Well hello there :D

A couple of months back I was working on a new site for PSC, but unfortunately after many attempts at contact, no further response has been received from Kevin or Nancy. Now it's after the holidays, I'll try and get in contact again.

My style is Professional but light, so don't worry about that :)

Regards,
    Matt

14. iwod

iwod Registered Member

exactly.... Professional........ what a lot of people tend to think flash for?

It could just be some simple restyling, and better fonts used. That's it. Look at other product as as Giant website. It is not flashy but simple and professional.

I know we are not suppose to judge a book by its cover. But "image" is what sells.

NOD32 never got off to real consumer really i think is one cluster interface. UI/ website / package is what you communicate to your protential customer.

P.S any news on BOclean 5 yet ^^

15. Primrose

You keep on throwing that word "professional" around and image. I will not list here the Corporate and Professional Organization who use BOClean but the list is very long. Image does not sell..Performance does..and in that regard you will not find anyone using BOClean asking for hijackthis help and Kevin has been addressing and cleaning all the variant of CWS from day one.

You can make "book" on that..he has you covered if you own the product and keep it updated. As far as the bells and whistles version 5..Kevin was never really hot on making that happen..but it will come when he decides to release it.. :D

Never know the guy to have any desire to be number one.. ;) He did not start that way many years ago and he still enjoys the lab work rather that the hype.

16. RedhatCOC

RedhatCOC Guest

17. controler

controler Guest

Howdy

When I see this type thread, I think the people of the board have become bored LOL
    They have seem to have run out of important things to discuss o_O

Here is an example:

Last week while running RKDetector, I found it shut down the GUI to a security program. I knew protection was still there since I could see the driver. I wrote them an e-mail which only took a few days to respond.
    Their reply was this and ony this, Sir RKDetector does not shut down your protection, it only closes the GUI.

ON the other hand if I would have sent that e-mail to Kevin, He would have sent a very long detailed reply as to why this happened and would mention it will be fixed soon.
    If you are a Bo CLean user and had a nasty on your system, he would direct you to a FTP site where you would download a program, run it and send the TXT file to him for examination.
    He might even tell you the other program causing conflits was occupieing
    the same memory space. You never know. the software you are using could be poorly coded and using some of the same tech, that trojans actualy use LOL
    At least he would tell you all this info.

I am surprised he is giving into the crowd and adding an on accerss scanner in 5.0. Me thinks some people want to be able to scan a known infected file and see the details.

NOw lets get on with real problems ;)

Bruce

18. Primrose

And what would those real problems be..since your post has nothing to do with the subject of the thread. :D :D Are you just playing through without a caddie or want to show you read even other threads.

Happy New Year Controller..have no idea why you even posted that in this thread. o_O o_O

19. controler

controler Guest

Actualy I do read other threads LOl

Was just giving Bo CLean an ataboy

20. Primrose

I thought so.. :D then I will caddie for you.. ;)

21. iwod

iwod Registered Member

OK... may be we people get different opinion, But that was one of the reason why i change to Trojan Hunter.

22. Primrose

Good idea and another fine product with Aaron working day and night adding Browers Highjack's and other type of malware detection in Magnus program so you can't go wrong. ;)

Have you seen Aaron's new Forum ?

http://forums.manageyourpc.com/index.php?act=idx

23. Primrose

BTW there is not going to be a Giant website for much longer they were bought out by Microsoft...

Also there will never be a BOClean Version 5...it will go by a different version number when released. :D

24. muf

muf Registered Member

You changed to TrojanHunter because of the look of the PSC website? Your yanking my chain, surely? Now if you had said that you changed because BOClean wasn't running well on your pc or failed to protect you then i'd see a really good reason. But to change because you didn't like the design of the PSC website. I don't know what to say, words fail me...

muf

25. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

I myself personally have found very good software on very poor websites. For example: I love RegRun Suite and would not be without it, but their website, is horrible to me.... The merits of any software is in what it does and how well it does it,,, NOT in how a website looks...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.