BOClean compared to KAV 5 with UnHackMe

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by G1111, Mar 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

I am running KAV 5.0 personal (extended database) with UnHackMe. Any opionions how that compares to running BOClean?

2. poirot

poirot Registered Member

I run BOClean + UnhackMe + Avast and i must tell you that i dont feel any inferiority complex because i dont run Kaspersky, as BOClean is the paramount factor (Kevin is at the right side of the Almighty of IT): nothing can slip away from these,even trivial things once catched by spybot or AdAware.....they are without work since months........

3. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

I would even say that using boclean and kav together should do just fine!
    cpu/memory impact wise, detection wise...

others would say this is overkill but then again others would say: it's better to be safe then to be sorry ;)

4. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

If i had to choose two from the three you mention, then Kaspersky and BOClean would winn without contest really. BOClean does a lot more than UnHackMe, including detecting rootkits.:)

5. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

Thanks for the responses. Considering adding BOClean as some additional upfront protection. I was using TH Guard but seemed to have problems with that. Now use TH as a scanner only.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.