BOClean and NOD32

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by rothko, Jun 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rothko

rothko Registered Member

Hi

I'm toying with the idea of purchasing BOClean after reading positive reviews here on Wilders.

I just want to ask anyone who uses BOClean and NOD32 how they work together. In particular can you have IMON/AMON and BOClean both working together at the same time monitoring, and what happens if you come across a threat that both NOD32 and BOclean recognise - which jumps in first!?

thanks, lee

2. Notok

Notok Registered Member

BOClean does not have an http scanner. If it detects anything that NOD32 does, NOD32 would catch it first, BOClean pretty much only scans memory. The only way I could see them clashing is if you had something already in memory, and get an update for it by both at the exact same time.

3. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

lee,

NOD32 gets first crack at things, but there won't be a fight due to the way each works. I've been running this pair for some time and they are very stable together and, at least from my experience, highly recommended.

Blue

4. rothko

rothko Registered Member

sorry Notok, i edited my post to remove the bit about http when i realised it wasnt relevant! just wanted to own up so people knew why you mentioned it in your reply, which i thank you for. :D

thanks Blue, another glowing reference! i'm reaching for the wallet.... :D

5. SSK

SSK Registered Member

No problems here running NOD32 and BOClean together!

6. leehigdon3

leehigdon3 Registered Member

Yes, I use both together. No conflicts what-so-ever. Since I've never,ever been infected, I'm not certain which program would catch a trojan or worm, first. I would not worry about that though. You can exclude both programs from scanning each other, so that could reduce any possible problem with both programs finding an infection at about the same instant.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.