BoClean Advise??

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by hayc59, Aug 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

I turned on my P.C. this morning and this is what i got??
    any clues to why??
    Thanks for any help??
    Oh and I excluded them not knowing why??
    edit=version 4.11

Attached Files:

• Bo.jpg
      Bo.jpg
      File size:
      23.4 KB
      Views:
  2. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi Hayc59,

I guess we need the advice from Kevin here.....
    Maybe it is a good idea to give the details of your machine: OS, version of IE, your AV, etc.

The following page gives btw a lot of info:
    http://www.nsclean.com/supboc.html

At the moment it looks a bit strange to me that BOClean wants to exclude a file of its own: bocsec
    But, as said, we need the help from Kevin here.

3. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

Browser:IE 6.0 2800
    AV: Nod32 v2
    Firewall: OutPost v2.0
    thats all that is running in the background
    and it is very strange?? because with version 4.10
    nothing at all ever came up like this??
    thanks FanJ ;)

4. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Well, the exclude option in BOClean is new in BOClean version 4.11, so that is the reason you have not seen it in an previous version.
    You can read more about it at that BOClean-site which I mentioned earlier.

Hayc59,
    I have another question to get the picture complete ;)
    You wrote "Oh and I excluded them not knowing why??"
    Did you yourself excluded those programs? Or was it done somehow by BOClean itself?

5. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

I knew that made no sence when I hit the reply button :rolleyes:
    no the little pop-up window came up and 'I' hit the exclude button..(sorry about that).
    but I did exclude them not knowing why it popped-up??

6. sig

sig Registered Member

Didn't a message from the BOClean app come up first?

For example, I was playing a solitaire mahjong game on my PC and boom, my pc rebooted (running XP). When I logged back in, a BOClean info box was there asking if I wanted to exclude the game since evidently it didn't like being deep scanned by BOClean. (I think it may have mentioned that it would still be scanned by a standard scan but it was late so I'm fuzzy on that.) Anyway, there was a message explaining why it was asking if I wanted to exclude the app.

This is a new feature and it's pretty cool it seems to me, but I saw a message first and then could make my choice. Did you get any message at all?

Also there's this bit on their site about the features in 4.11 in the "In Case of Difficuties" section. Since you have W98 it may be related to what happened regarding a certain program. Although it is odd that BOClean would appear to be excluding what appears to be one of its own components. http://www.nsclean.com/supboc.html

Don't know how often Kevin or Nancy get to cruise the boards. They have their own forum here that doesn't appear to get a much traffic: http://www.mickeytheman.com/forums/index.php?s=b7934e5071e19fa8680055b4c9b17886&showforum=9 and of course you can always email support. I imagine the new version has them hopping so they may not be able to respond ASAP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.