Bob Hunter: The original Rainbow Warrior dead

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by snowbound, May 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

at 62. :'(

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/environment/story.jsp?story=635426

I had the pleasure of meeting Bob on several occasions at charitable events and a few environmental protests.

I have supported Greenpeace for many many years and though Bob was not affiliated with the organization anymore, his actions back then is why i and many others got involved. His efforts, along with his colleages, to save the whales was astonishing, never backing down from any Nation no matter how dangerous or grave the situation.

He will be sadly missed...

Thank u Bob for giving your life to saving the environment. Your legacy will not be forgotten.

snowbound

2. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Glad to see the Fire Dragon is back. I did not know about this man (not that old either) I knew of Greenpeace some.

3. Primrose

Primrose Registered Member

4. dog

dog Guest

Yes, that is sad news :'(

He was quite a champion for the cause and tirelessly gave with his efforts.

While this is a bit selfish ... I will truly miss his Paper Clips segment on Breakfast Television (CityTV / CP24) ... I loved his perspective on things.

Rest in Peace Bob :) You won't be forgotten and what you started will continue with your passion.

Sad to see you go, :(

Steve

5. Marja

Marja Honestly, I'm not a bot!!

Truly, a brave man with far vison, we need many more like him,... I do hope he was not just one of a kind..

GreenPeace was one of the organizations that got me interested and involved as I can be in the environment and all that lives in it. They are heroes in my book!

I know he will be missed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.