Bo clean

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by maddawgz, Nov 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

Hi with Boclean what duz it do Does it scan? or how duz it work?.. i hear it sits in ur tray icon? Its it like spyware blaster update and leave?

2. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

BOClean is an on-access memory scanner only. It has no on-demand file scanner at the present time. But this will change with the new version which is due out soon.

Simple to install, the ultimate set and forget software with the default settings. It then sits in your system tray monitoring for any trojans executing into memory. It has a very light footprint, taking up very little in resources. Further, updates are very frequent; daily for most of the time.
    Yes, select "silent update" in the configuration window and you will not notice BOClean is on your system. All you see is its (flashing) icon in the system tray.

Further information here;

http://www.nsclean.com/boclean.html
    http://www.anti-trojan-software-reviews.com/review-boclean.htm

And check some of the recent threads here at Wilders.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2004
  3. nameless

nameless Registered Member

Is this "soon", the same way the sun is "soon" due to turn into a nova, and begin burning out? Just wondering, because I'm anxious for a new version. I'm still waiting for an AT that actually runs on my system without pissing me off constantly.

4. Blackcat

A new version 4.12 is due "out soon" according to the post here from Kevin McAleavey; http://boardadmin.bo.funpic.de/viewtopic.php?t=51. Then hopefully, the new version 5.

However, what the time scale is, only Kevin knows.

But, I think NSClean's AT new version "soon" release will definitely be on a shorter time scale than DiamondCS's one.

5. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Creature BlackCat,
    Thanks so much for the update and links. :cool:

Big Fan of BoClean. I use the product as Kevin intended and find it to be excellent and support...well none better. Lets just put it that way and let it go at that.

6. Primrose

Primrose Registered Member

The new version will be a treat for some since it will have GUI buttons they can play with ;) But even the existing version of BOClean still never "shines" in more that 10,000 plus hjackthis logs I have reviewed of people desperately seeking help for cleaning. Very few with TDS or TH also. Now I do see every other AV and AT in those logs. And these people do not just have the new breed hijacker infections ..they are infected also most of the time with the classic worms and Trojans. :mad:

But if you do see some hijack logs out there ..where the user states.."MY BOClean detected XXXXX.badboy but can not clean it..here's my hijackthis log can you help me? "....please let me know..I am collecting those kinds of links.

7. nameless

nameless Registered Member

It seems that everyone says that. So I guess I should take it personally that more than one of my support emails have received no replies. OK then. (Though I notice that without exception, the "easy" banter emails get quick replies... Interesting.)

8. nick s

nick s Registered Member

My thanks as well for that link, Blackcat.

Nick

9. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

To be as accurate and make my post as clear as possible. I should add this.
    It has been a couple of years since I have needed support. I used email and got quick responses. 24 to 48 hours. My problem was not a quick fix and we traded emails and I was given clear instructions on what to do to fix it, the matter was brought to a successful conclusion and BoClean work very well.

I have heard that recently it is taking longer. And in some instances no response. However, that was not my experience but my experience perhaps could be considered during a different time. Perhaps the BoClean team is busy with product development.
    :doubt:

10. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

how ya supposed to configure it?..tick what o_O

11. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

This is how i have mine configured,

Attached Files:

12. john2g

john2g Registered Member

The new version is due out soon, but there won't be a file scanner (is my understanding of the situation)

It doesn't bother me at all, as I do not see the need for file scanning.

13. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Perhaps Blackcat is thinking of BOClean 5, which will have a scanner. 4.12, which will be out soon will not have a scanner, unless things have changed since last Kevin/Nancy spoke on the matter.
    Me neither, a file-scanner won't make me upgrade to version 5, i like the simplicity and ease of version 4, it has served me well for a number of years. Now if some other new methods of detection were introduced in version 5, then i would upgrade to V5.

14. Blackcat

Yes, I was talking about BOClean 5. Thanks, Don.
    Now that would make an interesting new thread :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.