bo clean driving me nuts

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by maddawgz, Nov 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

hi everytime ithe pc reboots bo clean is asking re firefox? this or that? firefox more? do i drag the shortcut of desktop into safe list did that and still asking me any ideas thanks maddawgz

2. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

No, you simply click yes/no, (whatever you want), when the excludebox appears on a reboot, it will still be checked in a less aggressive way. :)

3. maddawgz

thanks? so that box comes up everytime ur saying?

4. nick s

nick s Registered Member

Hi maddawgz,

If adding the desktop icon does not work, the help file (http://www.nsclean.com/supboc.html) says to open the program's folder and drag the executable into the Program Excluder.

Nick

5. maddawgz

ahhhhhhhh Thanku ..all fine now? :eek:

6. maddawgz

now i get some crash thing up bo clean crash?.. and something about being locked upo_O..its picking out all sorts of exe's windows ones im not sure whats safe and what's not i assume my windows exe's r ok so i click yes ?.. god is it all worth it?.......shouldnt this be able to recognise whats safe and what's not? uggggggggggggggg totaly anoying?seems to be on reeboot's i attached my excluder list to make sure i got no nasties in there any help much appreciated Thanks maddawgz :mad: :mad:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 27, 2004
  7. Tony

Tony Registered Member

I had a similar problem a few months back that was solved by uninstalling BOClean completely from my computer, doing a registry clean and then re-booting/re-installing BOClean.

8. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Gee, I don't know what's up with your machine, but I never run into this with BOClean - and I do use Firefox. I would follow Tony's advice, but I'd also verify that the system is clean. Blackspear has pulled together a basic approach here, some of the comments center on NOD32, but they're applicable to any AV.

Also, exactly what types of messages are you seeing? Could you quote the text or provide a shot of the box that pops up?

Blue

9. controler

controler Guest

Kevin has a file that checks all of your registry settings
    It actualy check alot. If you e-mail him, I am sure he will link you to the file. You would then send the log file back to him for inspection. I am sure he will fix the problem for you. You may also see some interesting things in your startup ect you didn't know about. Similar to hijackthis log.
    I had the file for a while but deleted it.

bruce

10. redwolfe_98

redwolfe_98 Registered Member

i also had no problems with boclean and firefox (1.0).. maybe the tip to uninstall boclean and then reinstall it is the best bet..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.