Bo Clean & Anti-Keylogger

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by controler, Jan 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. controler

controler Guest

Todays Bo Clean update detects a Anti-keylogger DLL as a trojan and will keep rebooting your system. Don't apply todays update if you are running Anti-Keylogger

controler

2. controler

controler Guest

I hope I get an answer. I sure don't want to keep installing Boclean to see if it if fixed or not.

Anybody else running these two together?

con

3. optigrab

optigrab Registered Member

Hi controler,

Have you tried applying BoClean's "Program Excluder" feature?

Regards,
    Optigrab

Edit: On second thought, since it's a DLL, I'm not sure the "Program Excluder" will recognize it - and I'm not at home to test it myself. If not, perhaps (maybe) excluding the anti-keylogger executable will help. Failing all else I am sure that Kevin or Nancy of NSClean will respond if queried.

4. Nancy_McAleavey

Nancy_McAleavey Expert Member

Please email support@nsclean.com ASAP. We are working on it, but need to know what BOClean reported the nasty as being. Thanks.

5. controler

controler Guest

Thanks for the rapid responce Nancy.

In the future I will send info to the support e-mail addy as well.
    I will try get home at noon, reinstall Boclean and get that DLL for you ;)

Thanks

controler

6. Nancy_McAleavey

Nancy_McAleavey Expert Member

Got it...... as Kevin's probably told ya- we had OTHER nasties in the door, so to do the fast update to solve this for ya, had to let the lab work on the others. The problem is the result of a bad "pool feed" of a suspected nasty "proven to be" by conclusion of three other vendors - we included it without properly testing it OURSELVES to determine WHAT it was, but yes, the DLL you submitted was what had been "shared" among us all as a "likely variant" - matches PERFECTLY some really poor trojans that install keyloggers - it matched. Redid the definitions to let those guys walk, so feel free to whip that and BOClean back in ... but it WAS a match for the script kiddie code for system hookage ...

But BOClean will leave it alone now - sorry for the headache there. :(

7. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Well done, Nance ( & PSC ;) )

regards.

paul

8. controler

controler Guest

Awesome job Kevin and Nancy :D

If I would have known it was your birthday, I would not have made a peep.

Happy Birth day Kevin :D

If it came down to a choice between dumping Anti-Keylogger or BoClean, it would have been Anti-Keylogger since the danger of getting one of those is not as high as a trojan.
    I see more and more trojans using keyloggers now though.
    well actualy even back orfice had them years ago. They seem to come and go as a fad.

con

9. 2risky

2risky Registered Member

I am having the same problem but am a little unclear on the plan of action. Is an update to BoClean coming that will fix this problem? If so, how soon do you expect it to be available? In the mean time should I deactivate BoClean (or alternately AK)? I'm tired of the constant rebooting.

Although I thought that might be the problem last night I didn't want to take the risk of shutting BoClean down even though TDS3 found nothing. Thanks for your assistance.

10. controler

controler Guest

Hi 2risky

The update was released last yesterday. I had allready removed BoClean in safe mode, then when i got word a fix was done, I quickly reinstalled BoClean and updated. All works well again..

controler

11. 2risky

2risky Registered Member

Thanks for the reply. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.