BluePoint Security 2010 1.0.41.99

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by AvinashR, Sep 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AvinashR

AvinashR Registered Member

BluePoint Security Software gives you multiple layers of protection so you can search and surf the Internet, shop and bank online, watch videos, download music, documents and pictures, email and chat online - with confidence that your online world is safe from the bad guys.

Homepage:- https://www.bluepointsecurity.com/

Update Version:- 1.0.41.99

Download:- --https://www.bluepointsecurity.com/setup/setup.exe--

2. Nevis

Nevis Registered Member

thx avi for the info
    this may not be poplular but strong it is

3. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Registered Member

Thanks AvinashR. It is not much popular but is very strong and shows good results in all tests. Currently, it is only product, which uses Whitelist + Blacklist approach.

4. buckslayr

buckslayr Registered Member

Curious as to it's lack of popularityo_O

5. CogitoTesting

CogitoTesting Registered Member

I think BluePoint Security is underrated. I myself have overlooked it thus far, but not anymore. I'll test it soon.

Thanks.

6. forty

forty Guest

I had reservations when I started using BluePoint Security 2010. Now I wouldn't consider using anything else and I don't know how anything could run any lighter, a set and forget in the truest sense.

7. guest

guest Guest

Have you test it to see if produces many FP's?
    Or any feedback about the FP's?

8. forty

forty Guest

On my system I have had two f.p. related to printer /scanner. I have not reported them and should have, I use the option to ignore and forget it.Other than that never a f.p. I am just a average computer user , not near the computer knowledge of all of you.I would be interested in your opinion if some of you decide to give it a serious work.My wife and two small boys don't know it is there and when I check with something else it is still clean. That's all that counts here. Thanks

9. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

It seems overpriced (compared with Avira-Premium or BitDefender, for examples). However, I wish them well.

10. buckslayr

buckslayr Registered Member

That was my thought too. I used BPS for a while and it seemed to work well.

11. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I had not tried this software yet. Played around with it this weekend on one machine. I am pretty much standing in amazement. From my little testing it got everything.:eek:

Going do some more testing before I say anymore. But wow.:thumb:

12. forty

forty Guest

This and a firewall is as good as it gets , in my opinion.

13. Jav

Jav Guest

It is based on white-listing (as far as I know), so it must block every malware you throw at it, unless for some strange reason it is white-listed.

14. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Yes, BPS is whitelist-based. It is effective because it BLOCKS every software that is not on its whitelist.

Its whitelist seems to be much less than adequate at present. When I gave BPS a trial, it blocked virtually everything I tried to do, and in the process "broke" most of the processes so that I had to restart them. It even blocked the updates for my security applications.

No wonder BPS is effective at blocking malware. It is effective at blocking just about everything -- both good apps and bad apps. Most of my software is fairly well-known, popular stuff. Even so, most of them were not on the BPS whitelist so my trial of BPS was a very frustrating experience.

BPS has promise, but is badly in need of a learning mode. Otherwise, if you undertake serious work, & if BPS is unfamiliar with the programs you are using (which is likely), then your productivity will go waaay down!

In other words, if you decide to trial BPS, I suggest you do so when you haven't much else to do and just want to kill some time. If you finally get BPS familiar with your particular software, then (IMO) it will offer very good protection -- which is pretty much true of any & all *antiexecutable-type* security software.

15. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

Sounds like the same reasons everyone hates on CIS.

16. clocks

clocks Registered Member

Yeah, pretty much the same deal.

17. forty

forty Guest

I must have been lucky. Setup was painless for me!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2010
  18. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

I agree. The last time I tested it, the program marked a couple of well-known files as 'unknown'. I then had the choice to allow or deny. One of the files was part of Microsoft Works.

I don't recall having to use the .NET Framework last time I installed it. Have they changed the system requirements?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.