Blue Screen Stop 0x050 error reported for systems installing KB2976897, KB2982791, and KB2970228

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by SweX, Aug 15, 2014.

1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

2. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

Wolfrun, look here.
    https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using?hl=es

Bo

3. bo elam

4. Dragon1952

Dragon1952 Registered Member

I used to use OpenDns until a few weeks ago when i started using a new ATT router/modem that was ipv6 compatible. The ATT cust serv tech told me the new modem did not work good with any other DNS but my default ISP DNS.

5. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

I know just enough to screw thing s up more so I'll wait a bit and see if Microsoft puts out a fix I can download from somewhere.

6. niki

niki Registered Member

I'm also getting getting error code 80246002 when trying to do Windows Update. Tried Mr Fixit at least 4 times and no dice. Am stuck now and don't know what to do. Please let me know what else can be done as I'm still a noob. Thanks.

7. wolfrun

wolfrun Registered Member

8. The Hammer

Don't understand it but I changed my settings to install updates automatically from let me decide and I received an update, installed KB2993651. Yet when I manually check for updates I get the error.

9. wolfrun

10. wolfrun

11. bo elam

Perhaps switching your DNS sever to something like Comodos would work as well. I am using Comodos in my W7, when I went to the Windows update site early today, there was an update for Windows update and afterward the updates showed up in my screen. I had no problem using the site, you might want to check it out.
    If something don't work right, you can always go back to using your ISP DNS by ticking to obtain DNS server address automatically. I don't switch DNS server for security but I found that sometimes when I experienced connections problems, switching DNS from my ISPs to something else, I get a better connection. I usually leave it like that until next time that I experience something suspicious in the connection. When that happens, I switch it back to my ISP.

Bo

12. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

13. wolfrun

Yes ronjor, have done that. I have CCleaner to always flush the dns cache everytime I run it.
    Bo, I have tried norton dns and it works and tried Open dns again with different address numbers and it seems ok as windows update clicks in now with no errors. So, I will stick with Open dns for now.(wasn't too keen using google dns)... Been one hell of a day to say the least. :confused: But all's well that ends well. :thumb:
    Heard that there's some football games on tonite...just might have to take a peek. lol

14. niki

niki Registered Member

I tried ipconfig /flushdns and that didn't solve the problem. Just a few minutes ago WU told me (when I went to Windows Update to see if it worked for a manual update) that there was an update (2993651) waiting. It installed and all of Windows Update seems to work okay now. Not sure if Mr Fixit finally worked although I had tried it 6 times and that didn't work at the time. Sigh of relief, until the next WUs on Patch Tuesdays. I may wait then for at least a week to make sure that there won't be any problems. Sorta not trusting Microsoft updates anymore, too many problems lately.

15. The Hammer

Windows updates just fine now. Don't know why but I'm not gonna look a gift horse in the mouth. Checked installed updates and I have 2 copies of KB2993651 and 2 copies of Windows update Agent7.6.7600.321

16. anon

anon Registered Member

http://www.zdnet.com/what-went-wrong-with-microsofts-august-updates-7000033089/
    -------------------
    lol!

Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
  17. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

There is too much ambiguity in everything Microsoft says these days. Try getting a straight answer on Microsoft Answers for instance. Someone's dropped the ball and they won't admit it. I'm beginning to dread 'Bork Tuesday' now. I know this, my next laptop won't run Windows.

18. DR_LaRRY_PEpPeR

DR_LaRRY_PEpPeR Registered Member

While they're lying about the supposed "danger" of installing Embedded XP updates, and people like you are parroting them.

No problem with either update on XP (although they pulled XP/2k3 also of course). Shouldn't these updates be very dangerous on systems they weren't designed for?!1?! (No because they're identical, forever.)

Maybe you could help solve their problems (the real kind) by having them remove their site/updates since they're promoting..... "hacking!!!!!" :eek:

All in good fun, though. ;) :thumb:

19. chrcol

chrcol Registered Member

ahaaaa

my laptop has been randomly BSOD'ing whilst idle.

I spent time testing its ram, stressing cpu etc. but was no instability.

But it has kb2976897 installed but not the other 2
    my main rig which has had no BSOD also has 2978607 installed but only the BF version, laptop has 2 versions of it.

20. The Hammer

I'll keep this just in case there's a next time thanks.

21. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

22. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Haha it can't get more confusing than this whole situation, just give the users a clear message/statement how hard can it be LOL. :blink:

23. The Hammer

24. The Hammer

Mac's are looking pretty good at the moment.

25. wolfrun

Just when I thought it was safe to go back in the water.......:eek:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.