blue screen on my comp!! pls help!!!

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by spider_darth, Mar 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spider_darth

spider_darth Registered Member

This is going to be rather lengthy... but, i hope someone can help me.

My home has 2 computers connected to a network sharing an external HDD and a HP printer (via a print server.)

For my 1st computer...

Initially, the desktop will automatically restart by itself when I am in the middle of doing something. For instance, surfing the web or typing a word document.

Recently, the computer stopped restarting. However, it now enters a blue screen with a message 'A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL'

This is not the first time the blue screen has appeared. It is the fourth! The screen recommends me to check and make sure my new hardware/software is properly installed. I have been using this computer for 2 months without installing any new hardware and no such message had appeared.

And, my computer often comes up with a pop up message which says that 'New Hardware is found' and prompts me to install it. And, the device is an 'unknown device'. After 2 weeks or so, the 'New Hardware is found' changes to prompt me to install a 'USB device' instead of an 'unknown device'. However, like I have said earlier, I have not installed any new hardware for the last 2 months. And, even as it said new hardware is found and needs to be installed, all my hardwares which I have installed since the last 2 months are still able to run successfully without any problems.

This comp also could not enter system standby. When I 1st installed my HP printer, the system could standby. However, after 2 months, the computer refuses to do so. A dialog box titled 'System Standyby Failed' with the message 'The device driver for the 'hp psc 1300 series' device is preventing the machine from entering standby. Please close all applications and try again. If the problem persists, you may need to update this driver' appears. I went to the HP website and could not find any driver which suits my situation.

For my 2nd computer...

I then realised that this problem seems to appear in my 2nd comp too. The 'New Hardware is found' utility occasionally prompts me to install an 'unknown device'. Initially, it found an 'unknown device', after a few wks, it found a 'USB device'. and, what's puzzling was that i've not installed any new hardware for the last 2 months (just like with my 1st comp).

There was also once when my 2nd comp restarted it automatically when I was in the middle of surfing the internet. After restarting, there was this message 'Problem caused by Device Driver - You received this message because a device driver installed on your computer caused the Windows operating system to stop unexpectedly. This type of error is referred to as a "stop error." A stop error requires you to restart your computer.'

And, the Problem report summary is as follows:
    'Problem type - Windows stop error (a message appears on a blue screen with error code information)
    Solution available? No
    What does this problem mean? Windows has encountered a problem it cannot recover from and it needs to be restarted
    Cause - Unknown
    Computer symptoms - A message appears on a blue screen with error code information (for example: 0x0000001E, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED)
    Additional steps for you to take - Please continue to send problem reports so analysts at Microsoft can study and try to correct the problem as quickly as possible.'

Even though, my 2nd comp has yet to show the blue screen and it has no problems entering system standby, i suspect that these probs are related. since my printer is connected to the print server via USB, could it be that the printer is the cause of the problem?

how can i know which driver or hardware in my home network is causing the problem?

are there any ways to resolve it?

since my 1st comp is still under warranty, will sending my 1st comp back to HP help? because this may be a network prob and not the comp prob itself.. will HP help to solve it?

thanks.

2. ravin

ravin Registered Member

The problem stems from mchinjdrv in the registry....I too had similar problems with this detection of new hardware...apparently in doing some research it could possibly be Rivarts.a Trojan. I used regedit and searched for the above mchinjdrv and right cliked them when found and set permissions to full then delete each instance of it. Oddly you may see under or directly below the found items an instance of Memsweep this to I also deleted after setting permissions to full. Doing this fixed my problems and may or may not cure yours. Also I did check disks after removing the registry entries. Hope this was helpful.

3. spider_darth

i tried searching for mchinjdrv in regedit. but, cannot find it.

if i send it to HP, will HP be able to detect the problem? cuz i suspect it's a network prob since both my comp are affected by it, and not the prob of the comp itself.

4. ravin

ravin Registered Member

try this go to accessories...system tools...system information..on the left will be components...under componenets will be problem devices...pick that to see what is displayed...answer could be there. Hope this was helpful.

and to answer sending it to hp yes they will probably be able to fix your problem, but I would attempt an online chat first with them at least you will end up with a case number or possible fix.

5. spider_darth

how do i know whether there're probs with my hardware? i've scanned through all of it, and the status of all shows 'ok'. does it mean it's find? are there other ways for me to detect a prob?

as for online chat, i realise that HP does not support online chat for my model in my country.

6. Metal425

Metal425 Registered Member

Get the latest drivers for your video card,network card(if on a router)
    Motherboard,etc. etc.
    Best Regards,
    Matt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.