Blue Screen of Death

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by sohailakmal, Dec 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sohailakmal

sohailakmal Registered Member

Ive been gettin the blue screen of death often within the past month, something that i have never seen before on the XP OS.
    At the end of the notice it says,

Dumping Physical Memory
    Physical Memory Dumped Successfully.

I have about 6.5 GB out of 40 GB left, so i dont see why there should be a problem. According to Diskeeper, i have 17% freespace with an MFT (Master File Table, or table of contents for the computer) of 500 MB. Also, my commit charge on startup is 309 MB/ 1248 MB and when i use the computer its usually at 331 MB/ 1248 MB. Somebody please help me with this.:mad:

Last edited: Dec 15, 2005
  2. trickyricky

trickyricky Registered Member

What's the title of the BSOD, the actual error message? Have you installed any software in the last month which may have caused this? Such as a firewall or something with low-level device drivers? Is there anything in the system event log? (Control Panel > Admin Tools > Event Viewer)

3. sohailakmal

sohailakmal Registered Member

This is what i get in event viewer.

Source: WinMgmt
    Event ID: 21

Event provider attempted to register query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceDeletionEvent WHERE TargetInstance ISA "MPSSVC_Agent" " whose target class "MPSSVC_Agent" does not exist. The query will be ignored.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

In Detail, there are two issues:

Product: Windows Operating System
    Event ID: 24
    Source: WinMgmt
    Version: 5.2
    Symbolic Name: WBEM_MC_EVENT_PROVIDER_QUERY_NOT_FOUND
    Message: Event provider attempted to register query "%1" whose target class "%2" does not exist. The query will be ignored.

Version: 5.0
    Symbolic Name: WBEM_MC_ADAP_PERFLIB_REG_VALUE_FAILURE
    Message: Event provider attempted to register query "%1" whose target class "%2" does not exist. The query will be ignored.

4. Global Force

Global Force Guest

Hi sohailakmal,

This related to Windows OneCare Live? Close, but doesn't include your 21 event?
    See what you make of it.

GF

5. Global Force

Global Force Guest

BTW trickyricky, thank's for bringing out those lead's. ;)

GF

6. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Hi sohailakmal :)

I received your PM before seeing this thread, and have replied to that giving a few ideas ;) hope they pan out...

In summary, it can be a few things, the first being Video card drivers, RAM going crook on you... not seated properly, too much dust, etc. in side... defragg problem... large file badly defragged and causing trouble read/write to it.....etc. A number of things really.. just have to try out lists I gave you. ;)

Anyhow let us know how it turns out... :doubt:

Cheers, TAS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.