BLUE SCREEN ERROR

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by sunveer, Oct 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sunveer

sunveer Registered Member

Using ESET Smart Security 4.2.64.12
    Windows XP SP3 x86

I am getting blue screen errors very frequently while doing any kind of job on my computer.

A blue screen appears and it says me to disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.

Error:
    *** STOP: 0x0000000A (0x00000016, 0x0000001c, 0x00000000, 0x804FA276)

Please help.
    and when I uninstalled ESET there was no such problem.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Please configure Windows to generate complete memory dumps per the instructions here. When you reproduce BSOD, compress the memory dump to an archive. When done, let me know so that I can provide you with instructions for uploading it to ESET servers.

3. sunveer

Created archive.

4. sunveer

5. Marcos

It's just a minidump. Please read the instructions for configuring Windows to generate complete memory dump. Minidumps or even kernel dumps usually do not contain all necessary information we need for debugging. At any rate, I'll have a look at the minidump in the mean time to see if it contains some useful data.

6. Marcos

The crash was caused by idmtdi.sys which seems to be related to a download manager driver. A log from SysInspector might shed more light. If you are aware of having the download manager installed, try uninstalling it.

7. sunveer

I have deleted that file and now I think the problem is solved because I was never able to access the support site of eset and now I was able to view each and every page.
    I will see some more days about this but I am sure the problem is now solved.

Thanks a lot Marcos after a long wait.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.