Blue NOD32 errors after full scan.

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Matt_Smi, Feb 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt_Smi

Matt_Smi Registered Member

Hey,

I just set up NOD32 using Blackspear’s extra settings (thanks for making it easy to follow BTW!). I ran a full scan and got a lot of blue errors in my log (no viruses though). Before I had NOD setup with default setting I would just get a few errors, now there are quite a few. At the end mostly all of them say either password protected or file locked. For example

C:\Program File\Lavasoft\ Ad-Aware SE Personal\Skins\Ad-Aware SE default.ask ZIP main.bmp – error - the file is password protected

C:\WINDOWS\System32\config\default – error opening (file locked) [4]

I can get a few screenshots if you want but I forget how to capture an image in windows, I know its something and print screen. Should I be concerned with these errors or just disregard them? Thanks.

2. Capp

Capp Registered Member

The blue errors aren't anything bad. It just means that it is a file that is password protected and cannot be opened by NOD. Sometimes they are stored in memory and cannot be opened, other times they are encrypted to prevent access to. This is normal :)

3. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

G'day, well that's how we say it down this end of the planet... ;) :D

Good to see, and it’s my pleasure.

Capp has fairly well answered your question I hope, no need to worry about those blue locked files.

Cheers :D

4. Matt_Smi

Matt_Smi Registered Member

Thanks, good to know they are not a big deal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.