Blowfish Advanced CS

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by forty, Oct 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. forty

forty Guest

I have been using Blowfish Advanced CS to wipe files and free space. Also for some file encyption. Do you believe this program is a good choice or should I keep looking. Thanks Rocky

2. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

Blowfish does not have the ability to securely erase specific files, at least not very well; they can be recovered with programs such as Restoration or Recuva. It does have the ability to wipe free space. How well it does this can be a subject for debate. Erasing is not its emphasis, encryption is. If you are looking for a program that does soley what you mentioned above I suggest you look elsewhere. Eraser is a pretty good program, as is sdelete and SafeErase, which is what I personally use. There is no problem with having more than one program on your sytem that can do similar things, in fact more often then not, it is better because all-in-ones rarely work as good. Hope that helps.

Nate

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.