Blocks Java JRE 6 update !

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by nagan, Apr 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nagan

nagan Registered Member

I tried to upgrade to JRE 6 and always the installation hung! I silenced both Spybot and ESET .Then it installed smoothly.My bet is ESET interferes with the installation because there is a speed compatibility of unzipping and scan between the installation and ESET.

2. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

No problems here. Have you unchecked advanced heuristics under real-time file system protection?

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Spybot's Tea Timer would interfere with changes made to the registry and this making (most) installations fail .

4. NodboN

NodboN Registered Member

I've installed Java 2 Runtime Environment 6.0 Update 1 - 5. All these JRE installers were run in the presence of ESET without any problem whatsoever - so you know who the culprit is. ;)

BTW, I've never ever installed Spybot in my system.

5. Proactive Services

Proactive Services Registered Member

I've installed at least 50 JRE 5 updates on a host of different systems using NOD32, fast and slow, and have never seen a problem. If you removed both Spybot and NOD32 at the same time it is difficult to safely point the finger at any one of them.

I concur with the other poster - TeaTimer does prevent JRE updating unless one accepts the prompts to change system settings.

6. prius04

prius04 Registered Member

FWIW, I've installed all the JRE 6.0 updates without issue and I have *both* EAV 3.0 *and* Spybot installed on my systems.........*but* I am *not* using TeaTimer.

7. Donny

Donny Registered Member

Agree with HiTech_boy, Proactive Services & NodboN, here - you , too will realize once you use TeaTimer that the JRE 6.0 updates installation issue is not caused by EAV.

8. NodboN

NodboN Registered Member

Last night, I applied the latest release of the Java 2 Runtime Environment 6.0 Update 6. With NOD32 running, the update installed with absolutely no problem.

Can you please try the installation, once again - this time, silencing only Spybot (at least, the TeaTimer) instead of both Spybot and ESET.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.