Blocking Spyware at the Gateway/Server

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by drbuzz0, Jan 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drbuzz0

drbuzz0 Registered Member

Hello,

I've used SpywareBlaster for a long time, and I've always been very happy with it. It does a great job of stopping "blacklisted" sites, which contain harmful spyware or other content from being accessed inadvertently or otherwise.

I'm currently setting up a network for a small business, and I'd like to know if there is anyway that this kind of protection can be implemented on the internet gateway server of the network. Rather that just a standard tcp-ip firewall, I'd like to be able to stop connections to bad sites, as Spyware Blaster does.

Blocking banner ads, popups and malicious or unsecure html code, embeded in websites would be great too... But that's getting onto another topic...

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hello drbuzz0....Welcome to Wilders,

Since this is not a Spywareblaster issue....I have moved your thread here where it should receive better attention.

Bubba

3. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

Look at Unified Thread Management solutions: pfSense, Astaro, Endian, IPCop + Copfilter, Smoothwall, etc.
    They offer: antispam, IDS (Snort), antivirus (ClamAV +others), firewall, content filtering (Privoxy, Dansguardian), cache proxy (Squid), etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.