Blocking a partcular site with SpywareBlaster

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by JVarzea, Dec 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JVarzea

JVarzea Registered Member

I'm testing/evaluating SpywareBlaster for a client who does web searches for drug related information, one of the reasons I'm testing these types of products is that while performing one of there searches they ran across this site without knowing:

http://removed.... ~removed URL....Bubba~

it's a pretty nasty site, once it's done whatever it does... neither SpywareBlaster or SpywareGuard seem to protect against it... I've also tried some popup killers/stoppers without success...

One of the things it seems to do is deselect all the items under 'Restricted Sites protection'.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2004
  2. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

What is happening here? Are you saying SpywareBlaster is being negated by this site, in the sense that 'prohibited' Active X components are being placed on your machine? Or is it some more general hijack that SpywareBlaster is not designed to counter in any event?

I do not propose going to such a site to find out for myself, but SpywareBlaster is only intented to protect against certain specific threats; if this is outside it's remit one can hardly be surprised that consequences ensue.

3. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey JVarzea,

Unfortunately that URL is not yet part of SpywareBlasters Restrcited Sites database....but if your Client uses Internet Explorer....you might want to explain to them how best to secure IE....in particular Active script. As it is with most all scumbag sites....that site starts the simple process of intruding upon the surfer by executing a script....a script that was full of goodies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.