Blocked sites show white page, not alert

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by edwin3333, May 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edwin3333

edwin3333 Registered Member

I am blocking various keywords such as *amateur?teen* via the keyword blocking. I have enabled the notification to the user that the web page has been blocked via the tray area balloon notification. But I am not getting these notifications.

Which settings need to be in effect to get these alerts when a web page is blocked?

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

By "notifications" are you meaning the balloon notifications or event notifications by email :doubt:

If it is the balloon notifications, are other program notifications besides
    Nod32 working ?

If it is the e-mail notifications, after receiving a Address has been blocked message, I do not receive those no matter which Minimum verbosity for notifications selection is made.

What build of version 3.0 are you using ?

Bubba

3. edwin3333

It's the bubble notifications I'm after. I have some keywords blocked. I can imagine that perhaps they could block things I don't intend. I'd like the user to know why the web page is an empty page, and this appears to be by the balloon popup.

There are numerous options and I find it confusing to figure out how to get what I want.

I do not want the person to be notified on pattern file updates.
    I do not want the person to be notified on product updates. Silent auto update.
    I do not want the person to be able to allow a threat through. I think this is called strict cleaning now.

I do want them to be notified of blocked threats, including blocked websites. This helps when they call the helpdesk.

Nod version is 3.0.650 BE.

Thank you.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Try enabling the option "Display only notifications requiring user intervention"

5. edwin3333

Hmm. Doesn't seem to be it. Seems I have to enable the bubble alerts option. But then I also get "A scan has started" and pattern file update notifications.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.