Blocked referrer being overridden

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by candes, Mar 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. candes

candes Registered Member

Just found out that a particular site is finding out referrer information even though I have referrers blocked.

My proxomitron is running and functioning fine. I even added the offending site to my secure zone (everything shut off). But the site still gathers referrer data. Can anyone tell me about this code, and how to get around it? If you need more code from the site, just let me know. From what I can see, it only works when you click on a link that takes you to the site.

I am running IE, proxomitron, kaspersky, and windows XP professional.

Code:
    <!-- START OF HIDDEN FIELDS -->
    <form method="post" action="/subscribe/processSubscription" onsubmit="return validateFrm(this);">
    <input type="hidden" name="offer_id" value="4731" />
    <input type="hidden" name="source_code" value="QASB012" />
    <input type="hidden" name="previous_page" value="http://www.SITE_REMOVED.com/" />
    <input type="hidden" name="parent_trans_id" value="" />
    <input type="hidden" name="sweep_id" value="148" />
    <!-- END OF HIDDEN FIELDS -->
    Added later - Off to bed, but I think I found the problem finally. I will test it tomorrow. Thanx :)

Last edited: Mar 12, 2007
  2. itsmej

itsmej Registered Member

Can you expand a little more as to whats happening ? what site you are talking about that bypasses this ,i would think that it cant if using proxco,
    unless you are allowing it somewhere ,or using Java ?
    thanks

3. itsmej

itsmej Registered Member

A after thinking about this ,Sometimes what happens is lets say your link is
    www.whoever.co.index, ok now look at the site link command in the browser Address .has it got at the end referrer ? blaa added making it look like www.whoever.com.index/ ref? blaa < just a ex sample >
    some times when say leaving a site thy add a reference (there one) you left added to the next ..page that you linked to ..So the new page Knows where you came from .and you or i have been reffered..

4. Renegade182

Renegade182 Registered Member

I'd make sure you have Java turned off. It's a huge security hazard. Your other security hazard is using IE at all. Use Firefox.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.