Block processes from being read

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by Jazcat, Apr 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jazcat

Jazcat Registered Member

I apologise if this has been asked before but I cannot find any references using the forum search.

I’ve just started using AppDefend after coming over from ProcessGuard, what I’d like to know is how you can get AD to block processes from reading other running system processes, eg. Adobe Acrobat reader scans all running system processes but I could disallow and block it using processguard.

2. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

Blocking apps from reading other apps is really a rather "geek" feature which is why I removed it from AD. That and I hoped companies like PunkBuster would realize AD couldn't be used to block "hacks" without that feature so they wouldn't be blacklisting the driver. But I had too much faith in such companies, so I will probably be bringing back those kind of features eventually, as I like to use them also for testing certain things.

3. Kegel

Kegel Registered Member

Good idea as it has done nothing to stop the problems associated with AD and PB. The two are still not compatable.

4. Jazcat

Jazcat Registered Member

Yes that "geek" feature is the major component that i'm after, I need a replacement for ProcessGuard and will be purchasing a registered copy of AD if you reintroduce the block process read functionality. Love your work keep it up :)

5. AJohn

AJohn Registered Member

Stop taking away features from us y0z :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.