Block Bitmap Corrupted

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by lalicea, Aug 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lalicea

lalicea Registered Member

I created an image of a Windows 2000 SBS (IBM eSeries 205) using TI 8.0 (Build 937) for Windows Server. We had to rebuild the partitions so after the image was created we blew away the partitions and recreated. When I try to restore the image at the point that it scans the drive I'm restoring to I get a Block Bitmap Corrputed error stating that I will not be able to change partition size. I continue with the restore and get a successful restore message. When I reboot the machine and it tries to load OS, 3/4 of the way through the Windows 2000 splash screen I get a blue screen INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE (Stop error 0x0000007B).

Can anyone help me with this.

Luis

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Luis,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please tell me if you have any RAID arrays or dynamic disks on your server?

Please also clarify what exactly do mean when saying that you "blew away the partitions and recreated"?

Tell me what exactly was done to your partition configuration prior to restoring the image.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

3. lalicea

I have an IBM server with (3) 34GB drives. After the Acronis image was created we used the IBM ServeRAID manager to delete and recreate the logical drives. This was the reason for imaging the drive. The logical drives were misconfigured to allow full use of the available space using RAID 5. (The original image was using RAID 5 but only had a 34GB partition, now after reconfiguring with ServeRAID we have 69GB available) When I booted the server from the Acronis Rescue CD I selected the Add new disk option to be able to see the RAID drive. I made this the primary partition. I then rebooted the server once more leaving the Acronis CD in. Back in the Acronis window I was now able to see the RAID drive and select it as the Target for the restore. The image is located on a NextStar drive enclosure connected via USB. When the Acronis software goes through checking the status of C: (RAID Drive) it comes back with the Block Bitmap Corrupted error and tells me I cannot manipulate the partitions, check the image after restore. I continue with the restore and get a successful message after the process ends. I then remove the Acronis CD and reboot the server. It goes through the bootup process and about 3/4 of the way through the Windows 2000 splash screen I get a Blue Screen error INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE (STOP ERROR 0x0000007B). I can't bypass this error. I cannot boot into safe mode nor run the Windows 2000 repair. I'm kind of stuck now because the image is in your software format and I cannot get this server back online.

4. lalicea

I just went through the installation of Windows 2000 Server onto this server just to get an OS on it. I installed the Acronis software onto this server and first performed a check on the image integrity, this worked fine - no errors. I proceeded to select Restore image and it began to check the HDD. First the USB NexStar drive enclosure containing the Image and then the C drive. It came back with the same Block Bitmap Corrupt error.

5. Acronis Support

Hello lalicea,

Thank you for all the provided information. However, I'm afraid that it still unclear to me what exactly did you do with your RAID array configuration before you have restored an image archive.

Could you please tell me if you have changed the level of your RAID array?

Pease describe the way you have changed you RAID configuration in more words.

Please also let me know the exact model and vendor of your RAID controller.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

6. lalicea

Using the ServeRAID manager for IBM server I cleared the array configuration so there was no logical drives listed. Then I created a new RAID 5 array using the existing (3) 34GB drives to form a new logical drive with the size being 69GB. The original size of the RAID 5 before the reconfiguration was only 34GB.

I'm basically trying to restore an image created from the server that was configured with a 34GB RAID 5 to a 69GB RAID 5. It's not a new server nor new drives.

The controller card is a ServeRAID 4LX from IBM.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2005
  7. Acronis Support

Hello lalicea,

Could you please do the following:

- Download Acronis Report utility from http://www.acronis.com/files/support/AcronisReport.exe;
    - Run Acronis Report utility and select the "Create bootable floppy" option;
    - Insert a blank floppy disk in the floppy drive and proceed with creating the bootable diskette;
    - Boot the computer under consideration from this diskette and wait for report creation process to complete;
    - Send the report.txt file from the floppy disk to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

8. lalicea

I already did this yesterday

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.